Steelfeathers

Steelfeather's Clothing Concepts

I was bored and sketching earlier this evening, and it mutated into a collection of 3 clothing concepts. I don't know where these might be used, but hopefully someone will like them enough to give them a home. ^^

Needless to say, if any of these get approved, I get first dibs for modeling. :D

1 - Mage robe/monk robe

2 - Nibenese mage robe?

3 - Snowy adventurer

orig_concepts

I've gotten started on cleaning up the three sketches shown above. First we have the mage (monk?) robes. I've put together several different color variations - let me know which one you guys prefer for Cyrodiil. (I will eventually do this will the other two outfits)

color_choices

• reaction_title_1 20

I suggested the first could be either priest, monk, moth priest, or Imperial Council robes. They're pretty generic so they could really be used anywhere, even other provinces. The second would look really cool if it were a unique for Justus Tharn (SoSK) The first could be his sister's robe if that was the case, otherwise it looks too unique to make it a standard outfit besides maybe a nibenese noble outfit, the last could really be used anywhere, including standard clothing. Maybe it could be a Black Horse Courier outfit, or generic courier outfit.

That's my two cents writing and asset wise if we use any of them, or all of them. Nice concepts Steel.

Edited by Argor nash35

...okay, I lied. Turns out I hadn't quite gotten the urge to make recolored versions out of my system yet. >:D

I know that these might not be used, but I thought that theoretically it might be cool to be able to give individual mage characters their own robe variant that corresponds to their particular type of mastery.

mageRobe_colors_master

Edited by Steelfeathers
  • reaction_title_1 8

I think the independent mage robe above should be added to trello as a variant to the wish list, because I still really like that one as well, and it would make sense independent mages wear different types of robes.

Also the new outfit on the bottom you're making might actually look good in IB or Roscrea moreso than Cyrodiil in style alone?

Love the clothing concepts in the last post, the two on the top right. They sort of match the common 1 and 2 outfits for the nibenese already though, so maybe can add it into one for a second concept art?

Edited by Argor nash35

I think the independent mage robe above should be added to trello as a variant to the wish list, because I still really like that one as well, and it would make sense independent mages wear different types of robes.

Also the new outfit on the bottom you're making might actually look good in IB or Roscrea moreso than Cyrodiil in style alone?

Love the clothing concepts in the last post, the two on the top right. They sort of match the common 1 and 2 outfits for the nibenese already though, so maybe can add it into one for a second concept art?

I was talking with Linton, and we agreed that ideally we would want a whole cornucopia of mage robes for Cyrodiil, but just shooting to have "generic" and "independent" robes (in addition to CoW and Synod robes) is probably more realistic. Perhaps having a third robe category would be a good thing to put on the wishlist, but I would need to brainstorm what type of robes they should be. At the moment, "Independent" is for non-affiliated sorcerers, and "Generic" is for anyone who would wear robes (monks, alchemists, pilgrims, etc).

The outfit I was working on today based on the dress concept in my previous post was just something to distract myself with. I'm not sure where it's going to go, but I need to exercise willpower and not touch it again until I've finished everything I need to do for the Bruma beta...

The orange outfit(s) are indeed based on Elena's concept art. I wanted to try a variation on the theme.

• reaction_title_1 2

Yes, I would have to agree with that robe decision as well - save time and energy. I just personally prefer your independent mage robe concept, since it's more unique than the current robe concept, which looks more similar to the generic robe. Both are good, though.

• reaction_title_1 1

Yes, I would have to agree with that robe decision as well - save time and energy. I just personally prefer your independent mage robe concept, since it's more unique than the current robe concept, which looks more similar to the generic robe. Both are good,

The design I currently have up on the board for "Generic" robes is going to be changing. I'm designing something new that could apply to pilgrims and monks as well.

• reaction_title_1 2