Needed Tapestry for Cyrodiil

22 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Imperial buildings in both Morrowind and Oblivion were full of tapestries, so that's something we need for Cyrodiil and something we have talked about for a long time. Tapestries seem more like a Nibenese thing, so we only really need tapestries in the Nibenese style. And here's the list of tapestries needed:

• A set of generic tapestries (common motifs: moths, flowers - specifically lilies, swirly shapes, diamonds)
  • Birth signs (Mage, Warrior, Thief - these were in Morrowind and Oblivion)
  • Divines (Akatosh, Arkay, Dibella, Kynareth, Mara, Julianos, Stendarr, Talos, Zenithar - these were in Morrowind and Oblivion)
  • Imperial dragon (Morrowind had one, but this one should be the Mede dragon)
  • Saints/minor gods/historical events (can be whatever, examples: Morihaus, Battle of Pale Pass, Saint Alessia)
Edited by Wellpapp
4 people like this

Posted

And of course Saint Martin.

Posted

For reference, here's the birth sign tapestries from Morrowind:

astro_mw_tapestries_warrior.jpgastro_mw_tapestries_tower.jpgastro_mw_tapestries_thief.jpgastro_mw_tapestries_steed.jpgastro_mw_tapestries_shadow.jpgastro_mw_tapestries_ritual.jpgastro_mw_tapestries_mage.jpgastro_mw_tapestries_lover.jpgastro_mw_tapestries_lord.jpgastro_mw_tapestries_lady.jpgastro_mw_tapestries_atronach.jpgastro_mw_tapestries_apprentice.jpg

From left to right: Warrior, Tower, Thief, Steed, Shadow, Ritual, Mage, Lover, Lady, Atronach, Apprentice.

3 people like this

Posted

I have some remakes of Oblivion tapestry meshes and textures that I made a while back for when I decorate homes if you want to use them. I can remake some others from oblivion if you like. All the tapestries UV's are set to use Vanilla Skyrims' Rug 08.DDS so re-texturing is easy and the cloth mesh has a NiAlpha setting (from Vanillas Civil war flag) so if someone wanted to make a tattered tapestry they could. The only ones with a different UV setting are the thin ones due to their thinner size. 

Tapestries 2.jpg

Tapestries.jpg

4 people like this

Posted

I recently got some middle and upper class styled tapestries made and in game if you are interested. Most are remakes though a few are my own designs. I put the images in my gallery if you want to see them. 

2 people like this

Posted

I've uploaded a collection of previews of the tapestries I made. If your interested in any just contact me and I'll send them to you if you like.

5 people like this

Posted

This seems very one-sided... Berkian posts some stuff and people like it, but no response! 

From my perspective, I think a few of the brighter colors are inappropriate - I think they'd require modern synthetic dyes and will look out of place - but that only affects a few. Most of these I'd very much like to see in-game. Are they being imported?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I think a few of the brighter colors are inappropriate - I think they'd require modern synthetic dyes and will look out of place

Really depends on the color as well - Indigo is a relatively cheap but intense blue, Murex dye is extremely expensive but gives intense green or purple.

Only because historic dyes discolored over time desn't mean they couldn't be flashy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_dye

Of course, viewers will expect to see the already discolored tones they know, which is important to consider as well to look believable for them.

Edit: Oh, I forgot to mention - these are awesome, I especially love upper-tapestries-4 and the birds in middle-tapestries-1 !

Edited by aquileia

Posted

Fantastic! We really needed these. You're welcome to join our arts team whenever you like, we have a nice little community on Skype.

3 people like this

Posted

I have add some more meshes and textures including wider tapestries which I felt would be nice in castles or manors where they would have plenty of space for a wider tapestry. I also put together some less abstract designs from real tapestries dating from the 10th to 17th century that I found (I found it pretty amazing they can still be found in such good condition considering how old some of them are). They are mostly just of landscapes with a few birds thrown in here and there. 

large.Wide_tapestries_1.jpg.50fcf7ccb755

large.Tapestry_sample.jpg.b10a5bebc843b6

new_tapestry_meshes.thumb.jpg.41238c8e6b

You will find them here: http://www.darkcreations.org/files/file/1126-more-tapestries/ 

I had a little moment of creativity and took a famous painting of the Black Death and made it look like it could fit in with the elder scrolls, maybe as some sort of battle against the undead or something like that. I don't know if would fit in or if you are interested in using it but it is included in the file if you so choose to. A few of the people have been turned into beast races or elves and there is a clannfear, scamp and the white gold tower in the picture if you look. large.elderscrolls_style_black_death_pai

6 people like this

Posted

I uploaded a few pictures to give some more samples of the tapestries I included in my second tapestry file. I forgot to upload them earlier.

1 person likes this

Posted

When I had made the original meshes I had imported vanilla meshes to get an understanding of what the settings were in Blender for the various materials. When I started to make the meshes I absentmindedly erased the original meshes in edit mode instead of in object mode causing the meshes to end up parented to the samples. I’ve learned from my mistakes and so I went back in to blender to fix things. I removed parenting, fixed the sizes and added some extra features to some of them such as frills to the bottom of some tapestries. There is also a good selection of textures for the tapestries poles and fittings I also created some new pole designs to offer some non-Cyrodilic diversity including a remake of the tapestry holders of Morrowind and two with an Argonian style. 

large.Screenshot_(960).jpg.5299cecfe151clarge.Screenshot_(961).jpg.6c07fbd9cb008large.Screenshot_(962).jpg.9a56011575e39

I also have a rather massive collection of new tapestry texture designs including some tribal styles:

large.tribal_style_tapestries.jpg.fabad7large.lowerclass_2_taps.jpg.f15f80864357large.lowerclass_taps.jpg.2bf354acb845a1large.middle_tapestries.jpg.07a9b5b0f119large.middle_tapestries_2.jpg.c15a64e3a4large.upper_tapestries.jpg.8270df7d4eca1

There are also some designs that could be used for children:

large.kid_tapestries.jpg.dcc4d8e9816962d

There are also new normal maps for the tapestries to give them different looks:

large.Screenshot_(992).jpg.a55699eccafa5

There are some more pictures in this album if you want to take a look: https://www.darkcreations.org/gallery/album/449-berkians-random-makes/  

I would highly recommend downloading the file to get the fixed meshes at least: https://www.darkcreations.org/files/file/1199-repaired-tapestry-meshes-and-more-new-textures/ 

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

Hi there!

I'm glad to see that you're interested in contributing and making tapestries. Unfortunately, we can't use textures that have been pulled from real-life paintings and tapestries in the game.

If you're willing to create original tapestry textures, I'd love to see them, but at the moment these assets are unusable for our purposes. Sorry.

EDIT: To clarify, your Oblivion remakes and any original textures are perfectly acceptable. :)

Edited by Steelfeathers