Ingredients and Foods of Cyrodiil - Assets and Implementation (List)

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Cyrodiil Flora Ingredient Listings -

[UPDATE: Working on regional and whole-province lists, sorting the assets into their individual regions]

I've been working off the UESP's list of ingredients from Oblivion, which can be found here: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Ingredients

If an ingredient here is NOT listed, that means I haven't listed it yet! Plese be patient!!!

Key

Red = Unimplemented, no models or textures

Gold = Partially implemented, or one asset complete but missing the other

Lime Green = Implemented, but could use a variant or retex

Green = Done, Fully Implemented

(?) = Oblivion only had a food/ingredient for this but not the actual plant - unsure as to whether these will need trees, plants, vines, crops, etc.

Regions (Multiregional flora are also labeled under "Cyrodiil", those specific to one or two regions are listed where they can be found)

Cyrodiil - Crops or 'Farmed Food'

Apple Tree (Snow) - Fully implemented, used in Bruma release's Applewatch

Apple Tree (No Snow) - Useful to have in BSAssets but currently only used in BSIliacBay's ESM [[Not actually required unless Cyrodiil wants other apple orchards somewhere]]

Carrot - Fully implemented

Corn - Unimplemented

Leek - Skyrim models and textures are, of course, implemented, but could use retextures for other soil types

Lettuce - BS retexture of cabbage, implemented but could use retextures for other soil types

Garlic - Fully implemented

Grapes/Grape Vine - Food item/Ingredient implemented, still need the vine model (Several vines were found near Skingrad in TES4)

Potato - Skyrim models and textures are, of course, implemented, but could use retextures for other soil types

Onion(?) - Model implemented, unsure whether there will be a plant

Orange(?) - Implemented! However, we have no orange trees in all of Tamriel...

Pumpkin(?) - Fully implemented, unsure as to whether we'll be using a plant for this as well

Saltrice - Fully Implemented! Hooray!

Watermelon(?) - Fully implemented, unsure as to whether we'll be using a harvestable plant for it

Wheat - Vanilla Skyrim assets AND a BS wild variant, fully implemented

Cyrodiil - Common Multiregional Flora

Bergamot / Bergamot Seeds - Plant is implemented, but not the ingredient. Found in the Great Forest, Gold Coast, West Weald, and Nibenay. A few scattered individual plants can also be found in Blackwood.

Monkshood Root / Monkshood Root Pulp - Unimplemented. No models so far. Large quantities found in the Great Forest and Nibenay Basin, and on the fringes of neighboring biomes.

Motherwort / Motherwort Sprig - Implemented. Found nearly whole-rpovince, with the exception of Blackwood and the Gold Coast.

Wormwood / Wormwood Leaves - In Oblivion mostly found in the Jeralls, but it's too cold for this kind of plant there -- So try placing it further south, like the Great Forest, West Weald, or the Nibenay area.

Blackwood

Bergamot / Bergamot Seeds - Plant is implemented, but not the ingredient. Found in the Great Forest, Gold Coast, West Weald, and Nibenay. A few scattered individual plants can also be found in Blackwood.

Colovian Highlands - 

Milk Thistle - Fully Implemented. Found in the Gold Coast, Jeralls, and Valus Mountains regions. (Not in the Highlands region in TES4 but may fit there too)

Motherwort / Motherwort Sprig - Implemented. Found nearly whole-rpovince, with the exception of Blackwood and the Gold Coast.

Gold Coast -

Aloe Vera / Aloe Vera Leaves - Implemented. Found commonly in the Gold Coast, with one or two individual samples elsewhere in Cyrodiil.

Milk Thistle - Fully Implemented. Found in the Gold Coast, Jeralls, and Valus Mountains regions. (Not in the Highlands region in TES4 but may fit there too)

Great Forest -

Monkshood Root / Monkshood Root Pulp - Unimplemented. No models so far. Large quantities found in the Great Forest and Nibenay Basin, and on the fringes of neighboring biomes.

Motherwort / Motherwort Sprig - Implemented. Found nearly whole-rpovince, with the exception of Blackwood and the Gold Coast.

Viper's Bugloss/ Viper's Bugloss Leaves - Very common in Great Forest but not found north of the Orange Road

Heartlands - 

Alkanet / Alkanet Flower - Implemented. Found commonly in the West Weald, while a couple of individual plants can be found in the Heartlands and Nibenay Basin.

Morning Glory - Unimplemented

Primrose / Primrose Leaves - Found sparsely/sporadically in the West Weald, Heartlands & Nibenay Valley. Unimplemented

Jeralls -

Milk Thistle - Fully Implemented. Found in the Gold Coast, Jeralls, and Valus Mountains regions. (Not in the Highlands region in TES4 but may fit there too)

Nibenay Basin/ Nibenay Valley - 

Alkanet / Alkanet Flower - Implemented. Found commonly in the West Weald, while a couple of individual plants can be found in the Heartlands and Nibenay Basin.

Primrose / Primrose Leaves - Unimplemented. Found sparsely/sporadically in the West Weald, Heartlands & Nibenay Basin/Valley (Up to Cheydinhal).

Valus Mountains - 

West Weald - 

Morning Glory / Morning Glory Root Pulp - Unimplemented. Found commonly in the West Weald between Skingrad&Kvatch. Sparser amounts can be found in the Heartlands 

Primrose / Primrose Leaves - Unimplemented. Small amounts are found in the West Weald, Heartlands, and Nibenay Valley.

Edited by Perry
Continued sorting into categories
4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Skyrim-ified plants are hard because they need to use animated leaf planes - but I've realised how harvesting works and am currently implementing flax. The flax that's in game now is horrible. I can say this with confidence because I made it - I'm afraid several of my others are of similar poor quality (including the Bergamot). 

Appreciate that doesn't help a lot with Bruma but it's essential for the West Weald / Elsweyr region I'm working on.

Edit: and to put this on topic for the thread: the ingredient is "Flax Seeds" - just google them for a picture.

Edited by morcroft
5 people like this

Posted

Any simple retex should work fine.

Unless I've missed something, the animation is based on the vertex alpha shading so remodelling can be tricky - Blender doesn't support vertex alpha. I have a workaround for Blender but I've not tested it with plants yet.

Harvesting seems to work one of two ways.

Simple statics like mushrooms that have a BSFadeNode as node 0 use an NiSwitchNode to separate the "before" and "after" harvest meshes. 

Animated plants have a BSLeafAnimNode as node 0 and generally use the texture alpha channel: harvestable parts have an alpha of around 44% and become invisible after harvesting - this is how mountain flower works, which is what I'm using for Flax. It's also how plants with larger static parts like spiky grass work - the harvestable parts of the static elements have a grey alpha in the texture, but the whole mesh is contained in a BSLODTriShape.

Potato is a bit of an odd hybrid. It has a BSLeafAnimNode as node 0 but there's an NiSwitchNode below that, each branch with a BSLODTriShape and an NiTriShape (plant and ground respectively). I don't know whether it also activates the texture alpha harvest as well as the NiSwitchNode on harvest - probably.