Blender 2.7+ Nif Exporter Tutorial

63 posts in this topic

Posted

YES! Did it!
It was only a typo in the folder's name. :-P

NUS = NifUtilsSuite

1 person likes this

Posted

What exactly is NUS that you're referring to? Collisions depend on a lot of things, what kind of model are you trying to add collision to? If it's a static model then ChunkMerge can cover that for you, and I can go through it a bit more in depth in this thread if you like. If you're looking into adding collision to things like weapons or physics objects then that's a little more complex.

First thank you for your reply. Both you @Spiegel and  @Lord Hayden for your replies.

NUS - NifUtilSuite.

I have been trying to add a simple box shaped static mesh to CK and every time it crashes. Do I need a powerful pc to work in CK? I can run CK by itself and work within what  is already available in the CK. CK just crashes whenever I try to import a new .nif. I'm a super inexperienced CK worker, but I have worked in other engines like Unreal and Unity and this one by far seems the most complicated I've worked with to get from modeling to game.  I'm trying to create a simple box collision now, but I can't even seem to get NUS to operate. 

Each link provided to the suite is broken and I found one that has loose files zipped up, but I feel as if something is missing from the pack. TESalliance seems to be down and I can't find the actual program anywhere.  So getting to ChunkMerge isn't even an option at this point.

My workflow before I found the blender plugin:       Blender  2.78c > Gimp (map creation) >Blender (for .obj exporting) >NifScope 1.1.3 (nif export) > CK > ctd  

My workflow with the blender plugin : ... > Blender (for .nif exporting) > CK > ctd            I even tried ... >Blender (for .nif exporting) >NifScope (nif export) > CK > ctd

I am clearly doing something wrong.  

Thank you guys for your help.

Posted

Can you upload again the nifutilsuite, please? Forum doesn't work. Thanks