Lord Hayden

Blender 2.7+ Nif Exporter Tutorial

What exactly is NUS that you're referring to? Collisions depend on a lot of things, what kind of model are you trying to add collision to? If it's a static model then ChunkMerge can cover that for you, and I can go through it a bit more in depth in this thread if you like. If you're looking into adding collision to things like weapons or physics objects then that's a little more complex.

First thank you for your reply. Both you @Spiegel and  @Lord Hayden for your replies.

NUS - NifUtilSuite.

I have been trying to add a simple box shaped static mesh to CK and every time it crashes. Do I need a powerful pc to work in CK? I can run CK by itself and work within what  is already available in the CK. CK just crashes whenever I try to import a new .nif. I'm a super inexperienced CK worker, but I have worked in other engines like Unreal and Unity and this one by far seems the most complicated I've worked with to get from modeling to game.  I'm trying to create a simple box collision now, but I can't even seem to get NUS to operate. 

Each link provided to the suite is broken and I found one that has loose files zipped up, but I feel as if something is missing from the pack. TESalliance seems to be down and I can't find the actual program anywhere.  So getting to ChunkMerge isn't even an option at this point.

My workflow before I found the blender plugin:       Blender  2.78c > Gimp (map creation) >Blender (for .obj exporting) >NifScope 1.1.3 (nif export) > CK > ctd  

My workflow with the blender plugin : ... > Blender (for .nif exporting) > CK > ctd            I even tried ... >Blender (for .nif exporting) >NifScope (nif export) > CK > ctd

I am clearly doing something wrong.  

Thank you guys for your help.

Updated the links. Just search the new NifTools forums for anything that's still broken.

First thank you for your reply. Both you @Spiegel and  @Lord Hayden for your replies.

NUS - NifUtilSuite.

I have been trying to add a simple box shaped static mesh to CK and every time it crashes. Do I need a powerful pc to work in CK? I can run CK by itself and work within what  is already available in the CK. CK just crashes whenever I try to import a new .nif. I'm a super inexperienced CK worker, but I have worked in other engines like Unreal and Unity and this one by far seems the most complicated I've worked with to get from modeling to game.  I'm trying to create a simple box collision now, but I can't even seem to get NUS to operate. 

Each link provided to the suite is broken and I found one that has loose files zipped up, but I feel as if something is missing from the pack. TESalliance seems to be down and I can't find the actual program anywhere.  So getting to ChunkMerge isn't even an option at this point.

My workflow before I found the blender plugin:       Blender  2.78c > Gimp (map creation) >Blender (for .obj exporting) >NifScope 1.1.3 (nif export) > CK > ctd  

My workflow with the blender plugin : ... > Blender (for .nif exporting) > CK > ctd            I even tried ... >Blender (for .nif exporting) >NifScope (nif export) > CK > ctd

I am clearly doing something wrong.  

Thank you guys for your help.

You shouldn't need a powerful PC, however it is very unstable. Chances are there is a problem in the .nif file that's causing the CK to crash, most likely somewhere in the BSLightingShaderProperty. Upload your .nif and we can have a look over it for errors. 

Here is the file. A simple static mesh. Thank you guys again for the help. And the NifUtilsSuite link is still broken and the only thing I could find on the forum was the source code. So....if there is a way to compile the source into a executable could you point me in the direction of a tutorial for that?

alchemyboard.nif

Edit:

So after I took the time to go back through the tutorial and made sure my settings were the same I got this error on export. 

2nd Edit: I have also already applied the transforms multiple times and I still get the last error. Any suggestions?

Screenshot 2017-07-01 21.23.12.png

Edited by Kudagras

So after literally following the tutorial with just a simple cube I have discovered my issue so far fell into the "User Error" Category. Thanks to everyone that helped get me to this point without quitting. 

The only thing I did not get in the end was the material option for the ChunkMerge section on my final part, but it imported into to CK w/o ctd. However I get the attached image. Not sure what I did wrong. It probably has something to do with the texture. Still working on it though.

So the other issues [involving the original board mesh]  are quite possibly something created by the model itself. :( Oh well. Time to start over on the more complex, but still simple mesh.

Screenshot 2017-07-02 16.50.09.png

most of the time yes, this kind of CK hickup is related to a material node in the nif file. Either the BSLightingShaderProperty has some wrong or missing shaderflags, or the texture path is wrong, possibly.

as for the following:

The only thing I did not get in the end was the material option for the ChunkMerge section on my final part, but it imported into to CK w/o ctd.

In Nifskope, you can correct this in less than a minute ;)

expand the collision node tree until you can see the last child, compressedMeshShapeDate. Select it so that you can check its block details, from which you then expand the ChunkMaterials property. On 'Material', if you used NifUtilSuite while having a rather recent version of Nifskope the suite wasn't able to list and use the Skyrim havok materiials, so you probably see a bunch of random numbers, or maybe just a blank property.

Double click  on the value field to unroll the list and pick your material. repeat for other chunkmaterials for collisions with multiple mesh/materials. save the file and that's it.

http://imgur.com/U1rv5MR

So first off, I'm new to exporting a mesh through to a new format, and I'm new to Blender, on the other hand, I know NifSkope pretty well as I use it all the time in Fallout modding. And I don't know if trying to export the .blend as a Fallout 3 netimmerse/gamebreyo will work differently compared to Skyrim exportation, but I keep getting that error, and I know not how to fix it. Hopefully it runs smoothly after this is sorted out but I'm in a tight spot at the moment. I've worked out all of my other errors using this guide, but this one has me beat. Any help would be much obliged. Once I have this as a nifskope compatible file, I'm home free so I wouldn't have to bother anyone else on the matter, or so I hope. There is still the matter of using 3DsMax to get the Fallout 3 nif to a Fallout 4 nif so I can get the .esp working in the CK

Screenshot (6).png

So you're trying to export it as a Skyrim .nif for Fallout 3 or export it as a Fallout 3 .nif with this tutorial? You'll need to change all the version numbers to whatever Fallout 3 uses and use all the shader properties FO3 would have. Similar process but all the values are different. Make sure to select Fallout 3 when exporting.

Edited by Lord Hayden

Hey, I'm new to gamebryo modding (and to this forum) and I just got the Blender .nif exporter plugin. I've been having some trouble with it though, which confuses me because I've also had a limited degree of success exporting with it too. I've got two (or technically three) things I've tried exporting - a conquistador helmet and a plague doctor mask + hat. Of the three objects, the helmet and the hat are the only ones that have exported and the hat is the only one that has actually shown up visibly in nifskope. It is completely lacking in texture (its material in Cycles is just a white diffuse node) and UV maps but still managed to export fine. 

This is the error I get for the plague mask. I tried comparing it to some of the listed errors but I didn't see any comparable ones.

unknown.png

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hey, I'm new to gamebryo modding (and to this forum) and I just got the Blender .nif exporter plugin. I've been having some trouble with it though, which confuses me because I've also had a limited degree of success exporting with it too. I've got two (or technically three) things I've tried exporting - a conquistador helmet and a plague doctor mask + hat. Of the three objects, the helmet and the hat are the only ones that have exported and the hat is the only one that has actually shown up visibly in nifskope. It is completely lacking in texture (its material in Cycles is just a white diffuse node) and UV maps but still managed to export fine. 

This is the error I get for the plague mask. I tried comparing it to some of the listed errors but I didn't see any comparable ones.

unknown.png

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Exporter won't work in Cycles, you'll have to set all your materials etc. up in the normal Blender Renderer for it to work properly.

Hi, First of all I'm appreciated all your information here. That has helped me a lot. I'm recently trying to modify some Skyrim meshes with blender but when I export it I got this error massage and can't export it. As you can see the error message points out about NPC L Breast01 so I removed the bone from the skeleton but export failed with the same error message. Even I removed the whole skeleton and tried to export only objects but still the same error message pops up. Can you please help me? I attached the nif file.

blender version: 2.78c

nif plugin: blender_nif_plugin-2.6.0a0.dev4-20-jun-16

3.thumb.png.1ccdcff6a6b4c26c4f934cf243d6

GotharensaHelmet_1.nif

Edited by Harry

I am stuck at the part where you apply the textures because the mapping section doesn't exist. I would like more details on how you applied the textures.

Solved it... needed to use blender engine instead of cycles engine.

• reaction_title_1 1

What values should I put in nif version, user version, and user version 2 for Morrowind, Oblivion, and fallout 4? I would like wield my deadly knee-slaying hd spear in each game. I'm pretty good with blender, but a complete noob at modding.

I have a problem with Chunkmerge. Every time I try to apply the collision, I get this message:

NIF version of destination file '(location where my template is)'  not supported.

NifCollision returned Code 7

I used the recommended "barrel01" nif file as template as well some other meshes but nothing worked. I even use the same nifskope version as in the tutorial (2.0.0 Pre-Alpha 4). Does anyone know what could cause this error?

Edited by Akalo