Blender 2.7+ Nif Exporter Tutorial

86 posts in this topic

Posted

I found out that it had nothing to do with the template but with a stupid mistake I made, when I exported the mesh. One more thing: Can you tell me how to add normal maps in blender? I just can't figure it out. (I already created the maps but I just no idea how to apply them to the objects.)

Posted

For the Likes of me, I seem to be unable to export a nif for Star Trek Bridge Commander for a ship I made for this game. I have absolutely no idea what to do here in regards of exporting to .nif.

Posted

I have exported several models with this way and have never faced an issues I can't handle until now. My latest model seem to have all the settings correct and exporting goes successfully as usual. But instead of having BSLightingShaderProperty the exported nif has NiAlphaProperty. Could anyone give me a clue what might be causing the issue?

Posted

I'm having a problem exporting my blender file as a nif.  I'm getting errors like these here

my grief.png

Posted (edited)

I followed the tutorial until the exporting to .nif. After a frustrating series of different error messages (which I managed to resolve) I'm now hitting a wall with this guy:

error_exportnif04.thumb.png.09ef9defa536

I know, it looks a lot like the message about the n-gons but I am pretty sure I don't have any. I checked by triangulating and by using the selection tool (see image). The mesh's geometry is actually very simple:

05.thumb.PNG.83fbb73eae0df5376830c70953c

I don't know what the problem is, but rather WHERE. the 4 lower horizontal pieces produce the error. The rest can be exported:

06.thumb.PNG.0b83fa919e6207f285bd0a0502d

so, first question: what might be wrong with these pieces that prevent me from exporting?

second question: when exported it appears that some faces are not properly displayed as in the last picture the top face of the table top appears to be missing, but when I look from underneath its the bottom face of the table top. so I guess it is wrongly rendered. do you have any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks a lot in advance!

EDIT: Okay, I solved the second question. there were unnecessary vertices in these pieces that somehow prevented me from exporting them. so i managed to export the whole stool.

BUT: the problem with the missing faces in nifskope remains. who can help me? :)

EDIT2: Solved. thanks to discord AU. Recalculated Normals.

Edited by mindmonkey