Orion the Above Average

Elder Scrolls VI Betting Pool

I'd hedge my bets on Hammerfell, though Valenwood or Alinor might make more sense storywise.  Then again, they might ride on the GoT-train a go for High Rock (because High Rock is the carbon copy of Westeros if you didn't already know that guys). Hammerfell would be cool if they went with a huge-ass game world with an expansive desert. If they decide to go with Hammerfell then I'm hoping for a Raiders of the Lost Mantella/Numidium type of main plot.

Valenwood + Elsweyr would be the best combo they could make because
a) merged together they're big enough to fit in reasonable world space (while Moro+BM is a bit too large)

b) variety in landscapes, something that Hammerfell could lack

c) interesting options like migrating tree-cities, & major Khajiit society

So I would bet on VW, VW+E or BM. Unless they decide to move to Akaviri but I think they should exploit whole Tamriel before changing continent.

The whole copyright thing regarding Redguard is pretty likely. I've never seen a trademark filed in that way that didn't become a game a few years later.

I think it's been pretty well established that they renewed Redguard for the GoG.com release. I don't think anyone bothered to check if Arena, Daggerfall, or Battlespire got renewed along with that.

I bid an Elder scroll on Valenwood.

Valenwood is the Dominion most important holding in the mainlands of tamriel, It is their gateway from alinor to cyrodiil and then all other provinces, Also there were leaks of project greenheart (if im not mistaken) wich is a city in valenwood.

Now im not completely sure if thats the case but it will be most likely that they will take us to visit the vast forrests and treehouses of the bosmer alongside the dominion's army

As I understand it, the leak image supposedly from 2014 was debunked and then later the leaker said it was a hoax. Just looking at the image it should be somewhat clear since they were talking about E3 and stuff we know wasn't going to be presented in 2014 at all.

Obviously doesn't mean TES VI won't be in Valenwood, but that leaked image means nothing in that.

I think it's been pretty well established that they renewed Redguard for the GoG.com release. I don't think anyone bothered to check if Arena, Daggerfall, or Battlespire got renewed along with that.

I did actually - they didn't. Daggerfall hasn't been touched at least since the 90's and Arena is too generic to trademark on its own (It would always have The Elder Scrolls in front of it, so that would be pointless).

Ah, well. Either way, I don't think it would have been useful to renew the trademark and then apply it to a different product in the same series. That kind of defeats the purpose behind having a trademark on something. It's mean to stop confusion, not create it.

My bet for Hammerfell comes from the fact that Kirkbride has been writing about the Yokudans and stuff more recently, and as people have pointed out, h started writing about the Nords, Atmorans, and Skyrim prior to Skyrim. So I'm just hoping for history to repeat itself here. Besides that, the Thalmor/ Imperial war could play out well here, by having a sort of Cold War in the deserts of the Alik'r. On top of that, they could retcon the soul sword or whatever the Yokudans had, into the new dragon shouts for the sequel, becasue now that they've done dragon shouts, and made them exclusive to the Dragonborn, they'll need a replacement.

Kirkbride's done freelance work for them for a while and the pieces he did were for ESO, which is still being supported, so it's not as if the material is new or predictive of anything. He's also currently with Telltale and working on a new project. The Thalmor have already left Hammerfell as a result of the 2nd Treaty as well and given the reconciliation of the Crowns and Forbears, I think it'd be more interesting to explore how the nation is trying to move forward rather than risk the story turning into a bland carbon-copy of Skyrim. The Spirit Swords were also special tools used by the Ansei and there are still Ansei in more remote areas of Hammerfell, although they've lost the ability to summon Spirit Swords for reasons unknown. I don't think a retcon would be necessary either: they could honestly bring something fresh to the game by exploring their history while making the attempt to restore the power of the Ansei just one aspect of the overarching plot, perhaps to quell whatever new conflict would arise.

They also have a unique figure in Hoonding, who appeared in Redguard previously through Sura. I'm wary about how they'd implement that given Raga history with a few of the other races though. That isn't to say I wouldn't be interested in seeing a return to Hammerfell, but I imagine they'd probably be more interested in exploring areas that allow them to utilize the new engine in ways the previous one couldn't. I hope we see more than one province as well.

Since every Tes-Game has been about the fall of a tower, and the tower of the left-handed-elves/Yokudan,  the Orichalc-tower, has been destroyed, they'd have to make something up for Hammerfell.

OR Bethesda just dont give anything about a consistent storyline. After Skyrim, i am no longer sure about this.

But since there has been reported turmoil in the states of the other towers,  Falinest and the Mane, by bets are on either Valenwood or Elsweyr. Though i would'nt ship them together. Its not the style of Bethesda  to grow exponentially large in their ambitions.

As I understand it, the leak image supposedly from 2014 was debunked and then later the leaker said it was a hoax. Just looking at the image it should be somewhat clear since they were talking about E3 and stuff we know wasn't going to be presented in 2014 at all.

Obviously doesn't mean TES VI won't be in Valenwood, but that leaked image means nothing in that.

The leak was later confirmed by some means, if we take a much more dated view the same documet also talked about project institute wich we all know its fallout4, now, if they leaked it in 2014 that fallout 4 will be about the institute, iguess they are also right about valenwood

I've heard a lot of controversy around the time being in 2019. Hopefully, the wait isn't THAT long.

As for places, I say it would be a multiple province game, and my guess(and deep hope) is Valenwood/Cyrodiil. Possibly focusing aorund a second great war.

I'd say that's highly probable timewise, since Beth's taking longer and longer to develop each new game. Also, the game world's seem to be getting smaller so two provinces sound a bit over the top.

The game world could possibly expand beyond what Skyrim had in their next game. As the technology has rapidly expanded, and the consoles get their upgrades in the next year or so. Skyrim was on the last legs of the last gen to make something, and fo4 was testing the waters really.

• reaction_title_1 1

The leak was later confirmed by some means, if we take a much more dated view the same documet also talked about project institute wich we all know its fallout4, now, if they leaked it in 2014 that fallout 4 will be about the institute, iguess they are also right about valenwood

We knew Fallout 4 would be about the Institute and the Commonwealth in general because Bethesda more or less flat out told us that in Fallout 3. There were way too many obvious story pointers for it NOT to be the case. People were speculating on that as early as January of 2009 on the official forums. Well before any leaks that were supposedly providing us new information.

The whole fall of a tower thing makes perfect sense to me and there was the much less obvious pointer about the Khajiit and the Void Nights so that seems to make Elsweyr a much more likely candidate with that in mind now. Though I would love to see them include Valenwood along with it since the two provinces aren't exactly large.

• reaction_title_1 1

We knew Fallout 4 would be about the Institute and the Commonwealth in general because Bethesda more or less flat out told us that in Fallout 3. There were way too many obvious story pointers for it NOT to be the case. People were speculating on that as early as January of 2009 on the official forums. Well before any leaks that were supposedly providing us new information.

The whole fall of a tower thing makes perfect sense to me and there was the much less obvious pointer about the Khajiit and the Void Nights so that seems to make Elsweyr a much more likely candidate with that in mind now. Though I would love to see them include Valenwood along with it since the two provinces aren't exactly large.

The thing with Valenwood is that I imagine they'd have to do a lot of very challenging things tech-wise to portray it in a way that wouldn't incite a huge community lynch mob - the whole idea of migratory tree cities and the like. Unless they pulled an ESO and came up with a plot excuse to write them away - a la the Falinesti stuff in ESO - but again, that'd likely disappoint a lot of people.

How fast do tree cities move? Are they constantly in motion, or do they "put down roots" for a few months and then migrate to the next site? Because a big stationary tree city should be doable, as well as leaving hollows at previous sites and trails from them showing a history of movement. The big issue would be having them move on-camera, and they could probably work around that - have a quest-locked scripted city relocation while you are off on a mission, and you find it at the new location.

I'd place my money on either Hammerfell or Elsweyr. The "In My Time of Need" quest could hint at some ongoings in Hammerfell. I mean one side of the story was Saadia spoke out against the Dominion thus they sent Alik'r assassins after her while the other side claimed she betrayed Hammerfell (thus they lost a city of the Dominion) so they want to bring her back for justice.

With the revisiting of the "Nuka World" and "Project Greenheart" leak, I'm calling it legit. My bets are on Valenwood and Elsweyr combo.

I'd love to see the setting in an official game as a huge contrast to Skyrim and as a return to high fantasy.

I'll be interested to see how they handle the civil war issue in the rest of the Elder Scrolls games...  Are they going to address what happened at all I wonder, or leave it entirely up to us to fill in the blank?  Probably the latter but I hope not because the civil war is far too important and would have far too great an impact on things to just be ignored.  If they do refuse to write in an official outcome, it seems to me they could almost never talk about Skyrim again...  Are they independent or back under Imperial control.

To me there are three viable outcomes.  If Skyrim wins the civil war, which is to say they beat the one Imperial Legion in Skyrim and for some reason the Empire doesn't bother sending more troops, then they will almost certainly be taken over by the Aldmeri Dominion, unless they are able to form some kind of alliance with the Empire and Hammerfell (not likely to happen in either case).

So basically the three outcomes I see are;

1) The Empire wins the civil war and takes control of Skyrim, then brings Hammerfell, Valenwood and Elsweyr back into the fold (probably with the help of the Dragonborn) and then eventually wins the war with the Aldmeri Dominion.

2) Skyrim wins the civil war, but an alliance is formed between all of the nations; Hammerfell, Skyrim, etc. (probably with the help of the Dragonborn) and the Alliance wins the war with the Aldmeri Dominion.

3) The Aldmeri Dominion's divide and conquer strategy works and they eventually take over all of Tamriel.

If option 3 is the final outcome, I'd say Highrock is the next logical place...  The Empire's strongest supporters during the Great War were Skyrim and Highrock, now that they've successfully driven a wedge between Skyrim and the Empire, time to set their sites on Highrock.  With both of them out of the picture, the Empire is toast in the next Great War.

If option 1 is the final outcome, I'd say the smartest thing for the Empire to do would be to help resolve the issue between Morrowind and Black Marsh, while simultaneously engaging in diplomacy with Hammerfell to try and bring them back into the Empire.  Diplomatic missions may not be the most exciting thing for a game like Elder Scrolls (although it could be done) so Morrowind, Black Marsh or a combo is a likely candidate for the next game... probably Black Marsh because to some degree Morrowind has already been in the games (although not the entire province).

If option 2 is the final outcome then I suppose Hammerfell is a strong contender for the ES6.  If the Nords could form an alliance with Hammerfell (before the Imperials send more legions into Skyrim) they may be able to bring the Empire into the alliance as well, or at least get them to sign a peace treaty.  Although with Titus Mede being assassinated-- presumably cannon, the Empire will undoubtedly have bigger fish to fry on the home front rather than worry about Skyrim.

Anyway, I digress.  Sorry about writing a novel here, lol.

Edited by DrewsBrew

With the revisiting of the "Nuka World" and "Project Greenheart" leak, I'm calling it legit. My bets are on Valenwood and Elsweyr combo.

I'd love to see the setting in an official game as a huge contrast to Skyrim and as a return to high fantasy.

I'd have to agree. The leak seems to be legit since Nuka World was predicted already in 2014. OR, one crazy option could've been that Bethesda got inspired by the fake leak and actually decided to create an actual Nuka theme park DLC based on a false rumour.

Could have been a fake that became reality. In a way, Bethesda's fallout universe is like one big nuka world, with all the caps and constant nuka cola.

Another approach for this idea of Greenheart and the Skyrim debacle is that the Empire may have lost the war, again. I remember seeing kirkbride in an interview saying that the story of tes ends with the elves winning and the world dying. Which makes sense with the towers constantly failing and the inevitability of death of everything and whatnot. But he also mentioned how we'll never actually go to the beast races, because the story is not about them, so it could just be valenwood. 

And my bet on Hammerfell may be in jeopardy, because of the whole arab inspired world may not go over well as tge real world continues to go to hell.

• reaction_title_1 1