Galandil

Ship Travel Feature

While a boat travel feature already exists, this feature will work nearly the same way. While I want there to be an MCM menu choice to disable the radiant event travel feature, thereby making it just another way to fast travel between northern cities, the option should still be there. If you travel with a boat there should be a slight chance for a radiant event to kick in. I'll list the events that I want to implement blow:

Ship is sinking: 
You wake up with water pouring in and you need to find a way to get off the ship and reach the mainland.

Pirate raid:
Pirates board the ship and you need to defeat them.

Monster Attack:
Monsters attack the ship and you need to defeat them, could be cool if we could include a Dragon attack and perhaps try going for something in the realm of a Kraken, if it can be proven to be lore-friendly.

(Only Once)Kidnapped:
You wake up already bound and captured which can trump a new location for you to escape from, a pirate cove.

Storm:
Ship is hit by a storm and you need to help repair the ship, and find occasionally find oarsmen among the other among the ships guests who can row.

Mutiny:
Sailors revolt against their captain and the Dragonborn can choose to either defend the captain or help overthrow him.

Drift:
Something occurs, for instance a storm which blows the ship off coast and leaves it stranded, supplies dwindle down and the Dragonborn must find a way to get to the mainland. For instance: Repair the ship, or find more food, etc...

Finishing an event and going to sleep will thereby finish the event and teleport you to the chosen location you wanted to travel to.

Edited by Galandil

This sounds like a great idea, and much akin to random encounters in the Dragon Age series.

What about a random encounter that's more ship based? Like a mutiny, or you've run out of food and are drifting. Things like that?

No idea about the technical side of things of this, but I imagine timescale might be an issue?

• reaction_title_1 1

This sounds like a great idea, and much akin to random encounters in the Dragon Age series.

What about a random encounter that's more ship based? Like a mutiny, or you've run out of food and are drifting. Things like that?

No idea about the technical side of things of this, but I imagine timescale might be an issue?

I thought this was a great idea. Mutiny and drifting sounds like great idea's for random events :) I'll add them to the board above. I imagine if time becomes an issue there will always be room to include it in a later patch.