Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Bosmer Weapon Concept Art

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Here's the basic Bosmer set.  I'm going to go over it again, and add some amber pieces and ornamentation.  That should give it a nice different feel, and a little less bandit/forsworn.  I wanted to really use the idea of their bonecrafting magick to create these weapons and make them feel unique.

Bosmer Weapon Set.jpg

3 people like this

Posted

I know, I think I need someone who loves bows to help me work out the Valenwood bow.  They should be the pinnacle of bows in Tamriel.  I'll look into that rib bone shape.  They're flat at the curve, but could come from an animal that feels more appropriate.  I was also thinking of something more like those Aztec obsidian or Maori tooth swords.

1 person likes this

Posted

Amber is a good choice, but since it's fossilized plant sap, I don't know what Bosmer would think of it. Maybe they would be okay with its use, but any Green Pact followers who are zealous... :D

Posted

Amber is a good choice, but since it's fossilized plant sap, I don't know what Bosmer would think of it. Maybe they would be okay with its use, but any Green Pact followers who are zealous... :D

Personally, I'd request that Amber be avoided as Hist Amber is supposed to be the high level armor available in Black Marsh, and we want it to feel unique and special.

Posted

Personally, I'd request that Amber be avoided as Hist Amber is supposed to be the high level armor available in Black Marsh, and we want it to feel unique and special.

Happy to discuss that, specifically in relation to BM/MW's use of Sandstone Karsts, which are much more integral & critical to Elsweyr's unique world design.

Posted

Amber would really add a touch of culture to the tribal, raw feel of the bone.  It would also really help to differentiate this from the uncultured Forsworn weapons.  If the Green Speakers can find a way to use wood, they can certainly find a way to use amber.

Posted

Amber would really add a touch of culture to the tribal, raw feel of the bone.  It would also really help to differentiate this from the uncultured Forsworn weapons.  If the Green Speakers can find a way to use wood, they can certainly find a way to use amber.

That's true. But what makes Bosmer different from Forsworn is the use of bones, but literally in everything. Everything is made of bones, the weapons would look more civilized but still made of that material

Posted (edited)

Originally I was basing the concept on The Source of Bone, where you could see which animal each bone comes from, and which bone it was.  I was thinking that each could have a unique enchantment (if we wanted to devote resources there) based on the animal the bone was from.  However, since I had to look that up, I found the Arms and Armor of the Bosmer, so I'm going to think on that.  Unfortunately without the amber we'd need something else to add a feel of cultivation to these, or just up the look of craftsmanship in them.

Edited by SamuraiHealer