Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Writer/Quester/Lore Nerd

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello! I'm Kevaar. I heard there may be work to be had here for a starving (not really) writer, and I've come to lend my assistance!

About me: I'm one of the Lead Developers over at Tamriel Rebuilt where I coordinate and write quests, dialogue, ingame books, and some of the mod's new lore. Though I can script, it's not my forte and I'd probably have to relearn most things as it applies to Skyrim's CS instead of Morrowind's. I am most interested in Morrowind lore and helping coordinate between TR and BS in that regard, but I am just as interested in Elsweyr and Hammerfall lore, and would probably be perfectly happy giving a shot at anything in the mod that needs some writing love. Please note that TR is my priority, though, and so anything BS comes after.

So! What kinds of tasks are available here and where would I go to start?

4 people like this

Posted

Hello! I'm Kevaar. I heard there may be work to be had here for a starving (not really) writer, and I've come to lend my assistance!

About me: I'm one of the Lead Developers over at Tamriel Rebuilt where I coordinate and write quests, dialogue, ingame books, and some of the mod's new lore. Though I can script, it's not my forte and I'd probably have to relearn most things as it applies to Skyrim's CS instead of Morrowind's. I am most interested in Morrowind lore and helping coordinate between TR and BS in that regard, but I am just as interested in Elsweyr and Hammerfall lore, and would probably be perfectly happy giving a shot at anything in the mod that needs some writing love. Please note that TR is my priority, though, and so anything BS comes after.

So! What kinds of tasks are available here and where would I go to start?

Hey there Kevaar!

You seem pretty interested in Morrowind's lore, and we've talked quite a lot before on Discord with Ennie (Enheduanna.)  As I'm not the director of the Writing Team, I can't add you to the project or send you a Discord link, but once Asurna has given the thumbs-up (and I'm almost certain she will,) then we'll do all of that.  I think it'd be awesome to have you, especially in the fact that a huge part of Morrowind's lore does come from TR. 

Posted

Hi Kevaar! We'd be thrilled to have you as a member of the Morrowind team. I'm the Lead Writer for the project and you'd be working with me extensively. However, if you join us as an official member we need to know that you'll be will and able to dedicate time to us when we need it. We totally understand that your own project comes first, but we do need some assurance that you'll be willing to steadily with us as well. Is that alright?

Posted

Hi there! Sorry for not seeing this earlier...

If I am given a claim, I will do my utter best to either complete it, or drop it so someone else can pick it up in a timely manner (what kind of deadlines does your team work on? May give me a good ballpark). My presence on discussions may be slim in the beginning, as I am not used to the different workflow here, but I am all too good at giving my two cents to discussions, haha.

Anything in the CS is likely to be delayed simply because I'd have to learn more than half of it, so I'd prefer to stick with writing and planning for now.