Archer1216

How is the development of Thras progressing?

Vague title I know, but I created an account simply to let the development team behind Thras know how much I am anticipating their project, and that I will continue to support their work. With the recent split between your team and Beyond Skyrim, I thought it may be difficult to get further updates, and seeing as you don't have an official website just yet, I thought I would contact you here.

So could you give even a small update on your progress with Thras? Even if it's just to say if things are going well after the split. I am anticipating your work just as much as I am the Beyond Skyrim projects.

Edited by Archer1216
  • reaction_title_1 2

Hey Archer,

Thanks for your interest in Thras!

There’s a proper project announcement and new website on the way but in the meantime I'm pleased to tell you not only is Thras going strong but has actually grown in the last few weeks :)

Our first major location is trundling along (we're all pretty excited about how it's turning out) and development continues on pretty much everything... Music, custom languages, new game mechanics, animations and creatures!

Like i say we'll get everyone a proper project announce/update pretty soon, lots of eye candy and exciting news :)

(ah what the hell, some concept art/renders attached of that location i mentioned, more soon!)

large.2.jpg.159af65acd72e84f25a6b6d27988large.1.jpg.4e347c8ba95712b07e5a300cf188

• reaction_title_1 5

That's very exciting to hear! From reading the forum posts and discussions, I was very surprised by how ambitious Thras seems despite its small size compared to the larger Beyond Skyrim projects. From the underwater dungeons and locations, the atypical factions the player can join, the maormer, the lore surrounding the island and its history, everything about the Sload and the ideas spitballed around about how the player could interact with them... it all sounds so alien and unique compared to other new lands/quest mods.

I'll admit that initially I was even skeptical you guys could do these ideas justice, but your enthusiasm about the project definitely has me more excited than before.

Thank you for the prompt reply, as well as the lovely bit of concept art (you didn't have to do that!), and I will be anxiously awaiting the upcoming announcement and eventual release of Thras.

• reaction_title_1 2

On 11/26/2017 at 3:43 PM, Kettlewitch said:

Hey Archer,

Thanks for your interest in Thras!

There’s a proper project announcement and new website on the way but in the meantime I'm pleased to tell you not only is Thras going strong but has actually grown in the last few weeks :)

Our first major location is trundling along (we're all pretty excited about how it's turning out) and development continues on pretty much everything... Music, custom languages, new game mechanics, animations and creatures!

Like i say we'll get everyone a proper project announce/update pretty soon, lots of eye candy and exciting news :)

(ah what the hell, some concept art/renders attached of that location i mentioned, more soon!)

large.2.jpg.159af65acd72e84f25a6b6d27988large.1.jpg.4e347c8ba95712b07e5a300cf188

this is incredible Kettlewitch

Edited by mikiep1031
  • Like 1

Can we get another project update, maybe? And do you have a discord server and/or website that those who are interested can frequent to keep up to date on progress?

On 4/11/2018 at 10:44 PM, UnsungBum said:

Can we get another project update, maybe? And do you have a discord server and/or website that those who are interested can frequent to keep up to date on progress?

I've heard from several team members fairly recently that an official announcement is close. The Thras team has a private Discord for development discussion, but they are also planning on opening a public Discord soon as well. As for a Web Site, they actually do have one of those. It contains a little bit of new information about the new gameplay mechanics being implemented as well. :)

https://fullmetaldragon.com/thras/

• reaction_title_1 1

Hey there!

Good timing as it happens, the Thras project will be "going public" by the end of the month. Expect an official project reveal including the opening of;

A new Web site*

A public/community Discord server

A regular presence on Social Media (FB, Instagram, Twitter, reddit, etc)

with a steady stream of;

Project overviews: (Direction, team, more community engagement)

Developer articles: (the first will be about our Music Dept and the amazing work they have done)

and as much eye candy/video/AMA's as we can get out!

...If theres anything specific until then, always just post up here and we'll get back to you.

*Like Archer mentioned the website is up, we just havent loaded it up with the content planned for the reveal!

• reaction_title_1 1
  • Like 1

I can't wait for the reveal. I think I'm looking forward to this project more than any other active Skyrim modding project. And you can bet that I will be one of the first members to join your Discord server when it opens. ;) 

• reaction_title_1 1

Thank you guys so much, I've been looking forward to more news from the Thras team. Good luck in the future, and congratulations on the incredible progress!

• reaction_title_1 2