Sign in to follow this  
dutchy77

Application: 3D mesh and texture artist

Hey all,

My name is Alex Heydenrijk, also known as Dutchy.
I'm 27 and have skyrim SE bought.

I'm pretty new to a lot of this, but i've gotten a quick grip on blender, and am proficient on photoshop (gimp). I'd like to apply to help as a general 3D asset creator, weapons or clutter or other.

I'd be happy to learn exterior and environment assets and do those too, but it's statics i've pretty much figured out...

As a way to learn, i used Jhzargo's concept art to create Morrowind's Redoran Weapon set. here they are:

DunmerWeapons2.png.81f7b54ec239de50dff66829ebb89719.pngDunmerWeapons3.png.be838f9cdbfbda604c9f69987ddfa927.png

I'm still very much learning as i go, how to bake normals and get them to do what you want and such. However, i have A LOT of time... due to a bunch of circumstances.. i'm effectively jobless... haha.

I'd like to mention also, you guys are amazing and this project is incredibly inspiring. it'd be great to be able to help get those release dates closer to now!

I have no preferences on which province to work on. I suppose Elsweyr and Hammerfell sound most appealling.

Hope i can be of use!

Cheers, Dutchy

• reaction_title_1 1

2 hours ago, dutchy77 said:

Hey all,

My name is Alex Heydenrijk, also known as Dutchy.
I'm 27 and have skyrim SE bought.

I'm pretty new to a lot of this, but i've gotten a quick grip on blender, and am proficient on photoshop (gimp). I'd like to apply to help as a general 3D asset creator, weapons or clutter or other.

I'd be happy to learn exterior and environment assets and do those too, but it's statics i've pretty much figured out...

As a way to learn, i used Jhzargo's concept art to create Morrowind's Redoran Weapon set. here they are:

DunmerWeapons2.png.81f7b54ec239de50dff66829ebb89719.pngDunmerWeapons3.png.be838f9cdbfbda604c9f69987ddfa927.png

I'm still very much learning as i go, how to bake normals and get them to do what you want and such. However, i have A LOT of time... due to a bunch of circumstances.. i'm effectively jobless... haha.

I'd like to mention also, you guys are amazing and this project is incredibly inspiring. it'd be great to be able to help get those release dates closer to now!

I have no preferences on which province to work on. I suppose Elsweyr and Hammerfell sound most appealling.

Hope i can be of use!

Cheers, Dutchy

Hi! We would love to have you on Elsweyr :)

1 hour ago, dutchy77 said:

Hey guys, thanks so much for the offers!

I've already been poached by morrowind to get these models in game, which i'd totally like to see through.

So happy to be a part of this project!

That is disappointing, but being on Morrowind does not preclude you from joining other provinces. If you are interested in helping out with Elsweyr let me know, you can also join Hammerfell if you wish to :) 

welcome to the team. If you want to help many places, Atronach Forge maybe the place for you.
You can definitely contribute a lot in several places if you have some fire for that what you are doing.
But in general its the rule to prioritize the first project you joined.

looks good! ;-)

• Like 1