WarDoctor42

Is this cancelled?

On 12/1/2017 at 8:15 AM, SamuraiHealer said:

There are no active teams for these at the moment.  Some of these have some significant technical hurdles to overcome (I'm looking at you *moving tree cities*!), but the plan/dream is to eventually do all of Tamriel.

Lay off Valenwood for TESVI, we need a new engine.

See what gets me about the valenwood discussion is that as of Oblivion Falentisi (the moving city) has been permanently rooted in place and there has been nothing to suggest that's changed, which just leaves the wandering Ghrat trees, but they could just as easily be made creatures since most aren't actually houses (and any that are could be made unique and they're interiors accessed through dialogue). So really the biggest technical hurdle you may have would be the wild hunt, but transforming the player character has already been established as doable several times over.

Which means technology isn't the problem, its just finding a team that meats Beyond Skyrims standards that wants to work on Valenwood.

Edited by Rasilon

2 hours ago, Rasilon said:

See what gets me about the valenwood discussion is that as of Oblivion Falentisi (the moving city) has been permanently rooted in place and there has been nothing to suggest that's changed, which just leaves the wandering Ghrat trees, but they could just as easily be made creatures since most aren't actually houses (and any that are could be made unique and they're interiors accessed through dialogue). So really the biggest technical hurdle you may have would be the wild hunt, but transforming the player character has already been established as doable several times over.

Which means technology isn't the problem, its just finding a team that meats Beyond Skyrims standards that wants to work on Valenwood.

See even if we got past the moving trees theres still the issue of density  

Ahhh, but with SSE this issue has been greatly lessened, so the problem remains one of time and dedication, not technology.

Edited by Rasilon

Well if you can have some hundred NPCs on screen at any given time i imagine trees wont be an issue.

Edited by Rasilon