Shriyansh

Quest for getting non argonians into inner argonia

Hey guys, I would like to give a quest suggestion for getting the dragonborn into black marsh's interiors. 

First a little explanation of the naga mani, it's a gem in indian mythology which is very sacred and is thought to be inside the head of a cobra. 

So the quest begins : As the dragonborn wanders around the outskirts of black marsh he hears rumours about a sacred artifact the naga mani which would allow it's wearer to move freely in the deadly interiors of argonia . He is leaded to an argonian who would tell the mani's location for gold or some errand which can be a side quest about talking retriveing a lost amulet. 

After either completing the side quest or paying the gold the argonian would tell the dragonborn about a naga chief who has the naga mani embedded in his head and there's no other way to take it rather than to take it from its corpse, the naga chief lives in a stronghold  near the city of thorn and defeating him would also open trade routes in that reign as his clan loots any caravan passing by. 

As the dragonborn reaches the stronghold he is encountered by a female argonian/naga who claims to be the sister of the naga chief and requests the dragonborn to not massacre her clan and she would lead him into the stronghold to meet her sister through a secret passage. 

The dragonborn can either reject her offer and start his assault on the stronghold or accepts her request following her into a an underground tunnel fighting some wild creatures and drunken nagas and reaches the stronghold's centre. As the nagas and the chief  find the dragonborn they start charging at him but the chief's sister stops them, walks to her sister (chief) and whispers 'he's mine ' and attacks the dragonborn. after the dragomborn defeats her the whole stronghold charges at him as he fights with all his strength defeating the naga chief who's last words 'you must protect it from him ' stuns him but then he take the gem out of her head and as he keeps it he gains the passive skill 'among the roots ' he now ventures into the interiors with a thought disturbing his mind that that from whom he has to protect it and what was the chief trying to tell. 

So guys thanks  for reading  and I would love to see your feedback and once again think about who is "he".

For the image I don't own it and all credit goes to www.occulttreasure.com and it's actual artist. 

1143.jpg

Edited by Shriyansh

Features of the quest above 

-Has a key item for entry into inner argonia. 

-Affects the game world after the quest (opened trade routes). 

-Has choices to complete the quest in the manner the player wants. 

-Has a plot twist.

-Opens up for a bigger plot at the end. 

As these is Elder Scrolls we must be having more than one way for getting into the interiors, that means other quests would also be there. 

And for these quest I think though I've given the title non argonian but if we see an argonian character who is from a foreign land like skyrim would also be subjected to the same restrictions as any other race .

And Mr. Bababoooi Can you please tell, is the quest good enough,out of ten how much would you give it 

I think I'd give it a good 8/10. I really like how it stays true to a lot of other quests in Skyrim. My only problem is that it seems too simple for a reward of such power. Also the plot twist is a bit predictable and happens so quickly in the quest, not making it as powerful.

Pros

-Stays  true and feels like a quest in Skyrim

-Offers a unique reward that gives an incentive for players to play

-Good allusion from Indian culture and its implementation

Cons

-Quest is too short denying too much connection to the characters 

Below is my take on the quest if you'd like to read it. If you liked anything you're more than welcome to use any of my ideas from this.

What I think would be good is if you, perhaps, made it so the stronghold is more secluded and mysterious. Maybe a portion of the quest is helping someone discover a map to the stronghold and maybe the map is being held by a group of Argonian bandits who are terrorizing the trade routes. Maybe you meet the Argonian female and there she gives you the map and begs you not to massacre the stronghold. If you kill her and take the map, you further massacre the stronghold, and after are deemed evil among the Argonians. Or maybe if you join her, she learns of the man who told you about the amulet and wants to join with you to kill him. Maybe there's a small set of tasks for you to kill outsiders knowledgeable of the amulet. All of this bloodshed in order to become on of the Argonians  (regardless if you are actually Argonian). After this, the stronghold is revealed, and thus the mystery of it is revealed. The betrayal can happen and the betrayal will make much more of an impact because we've been working with them for a longer period of time and there's some sliver of fondness that you will have grown for them. That's just my alternate take. If you like some of it you are more than welcome to alter it and if not then that's fine as well. Anyway, below will just have a basic list of Pros and Cons for you idea just to summarize.

• Thanks 1

I'd do it like what I posted in the other thread. It would actually have massive effects on the entire economy of the area, and it fulfills muh reelism