Sign in to follow this  
Mouthwash

Is the team aware of this?

I just watched a video (NSFW) that claims to show new evidence of how Bethesda plans to deal with the outcome of the Civil War in future games. It's a note in Fort Neugrad that explains why the Pale Pass is shut down, and if the fort is taken by the Stormcloaks, changes to say that there is an imperial force amassing beyond the Jeralls to take back Falkreath. I have no idea whether he's right, but maybe the note(s) should be altered/removed?

Edited by Mouthwash

Beyond Skyrim is made with the intention of respecting existing lore but with the understanding that it is non-canon. We're telling our own stories in Bethesda's universe and it's OK that TES6 will in all likelihood negate all of it. I mean, the Extended Universe contains some of the best Star Wars stories ever made, regardless of whether they're acknowledged in the mainline series.

Okay... that's why I suggested you edit or remove the letter, not redo Cyrodiil to make it conform. We want consistency within the mod.

I also don't think TES6 will negate all or most of Beyond Skyrim (how much would an identical project based off of Morrowind have been negated by Oblivion or Skyrim? Did they really provide records of what was going on outside the previous games' borders?). It could easily remain headcanon for Elder Scrolls fans even after the new game comes out. Heck, in a universe where inconsistencies in canon is literally part of the canon, it could be seen as legitimate even if included the Argonians conquering all of Tamriel and founding an Empire of the Lizard People, much less ignoring the contents of an obscure letter detailing some military movements.

Edited by Mouthwash

I didn't realize removing a single letter from the game requires so much effort? I doubt it will affect anyone's gameplay, but it would be nice to eliminate.

Edited by Mouthwash

The letter would be far from the only thing that we'd need to change in order to keep Skyrim consistent with Cyrodiil. But, removing it is a simple enough thing that you could roll your own mod. I'm sure there are tutorials out there for how to remove something using the CK.