Sign in to follow this  
makutamon

My idea for The Star-wounded East

I’ve managed to come up with something unexpected for Morrowind. It’s like this: Something LIKE Dagoth Ur has returned, but the houses of Morrowind are too busy to deal with it. During the Dragonborn’s visit to Morrowind, he uncovers that it’s not really Dagoth Ur, but rather Dagoth Ur’s spirit inhabiting his mask and was biding his time for a poor unfortunate to find the mask in the aftermath of the Red Mountain’s most powerful eruption. When that unfortunate finds it, the spirit in the mask possesses him and uses him as a vessel to return. But halfway through the boss fight with him, the poor soul manages to break free enough to tell his story, leaving the Dragonborn with a tough moral decision: can he justify killing someone who is essentially an innocent victim?

Considering the number of dreamers and ash slaves I killed playing Morrowind.... yeah I definitely dont have any problems killing someone under the sharmats influence.

And thats just forgetting he died when the heart was lost.

18 hours ago, Rasilon said:

Considering the number of dreamers and ash slaves I killed playing Morrowind.... yeah I definitely dont have any problems killing someone under the sharmats influence.

And thats just forgetting he died when the heart was lost.

That wasn’t my intention.

first off, when he died, his spirit moved into his mask, waiting for a chance to get his revenge.

second, does true divinity truly fade? I don’t think so.

finally, can you justify someone who is basically reduced to a watcher behind his own eyes, watching himself commit atrocity after atrocity without stopping himself.

But now I’ve got some more down:

The reason that Dagoth Ur’s Shadow is striking now because there is neither Tribunal nor Nerevarine to stand in his way. He’s also using House Hlaalu’s fall from grace to literally fuel House Dagoth’s return. The problem with that is that Dagoth Ur’s Shadow is literally a Shadow of the power he once had.

Here's another thing you got to answer: Can you justify killing someone who is helping you fight the Thalmor?

One of the reasons for this is that Dagoth Ur hates the Thalmor almost as much as you do. When he learns that the Thalmor feel most threatened by you, he helps you build a dunmer resistance, all as a means to gain your trust so he can sacrifice you to gain your powers.

One really unexpected thing I come up with is that Dagoth Ur tells you NOT to go into a certain ruin, but if you do, you find the imprisoned Nerevarine. Before you get to him, you get an option to either use a default, "Dunmer" Nerevarine, or you can use the character creator to literally create your own, Skyrim, version.

The reason that Dagoth Ur didn't want you to go into that particular ruin is because it would show that everything he did was nothing but a stack of lies.

1st/2nd. His divinity was tied to the heart of Lorkhan, when the heart was banished he was destroyed, this isnt open to interpretation the Sharmat  had been so long exposed to the hearts influece the two where irrevocably linked, body and soul.

The only reason the Tribunal persisted was because they never exposed themselves to the heart for extended periods and still had alternate (but far weaker) sources of power, but with only Vivec remaining what could be loosely described as sane.

So with that in mind nothing relating to Dagoth Urs return would make any sense mechancilly and likewise would only serve to undermine the plot of Morrowind.

Not to mention youve fundamentally misinterpreted Dagoth Ur himself , since his entire philosophy was based on exposing the lie of reality and to that end never lied to the player. Likewise his followers never tried to deceive the player. So him pretending to ally with the player makes no sense from a charcter perspective and thats if we ignore the fact the Thalmor have no presence in Morrowind so he wouldn't care about them. Him being able to imprison the Nerevarine likewise is just nonsense, since that would first require "just a shade of his former power" to be able to overcoem a being who was able to best him at his height or somehow have influence reaching to goddamn Akavir and again is fundamentally at odds with how his relationship with the Nerevarine is portrayed.

If it was perfectly good it wouldnt have had so many glaring flaws.

Not to mention the only "horror" aspect in this has been repeated twice in the series through Umbra (which was also the focus of the novels)  and the constant reaching for plot twists is more a dramatic crutch than a horror one.

Edited by Rasilon