ComatoseHuman

Navmesh Application

Hey, I've been following this project with interest for a while now, and finally decided to get off my arse and help in any way I can. Slowly teaching myself implementation, but found that I actually quite like navmeshing so thought I'd apply for that after hearing that you were in need of navmeshers. My preferred province would be The Iliac Bay, however I'd be more than happy to work anywhere that'll have me or needs navmeshers at the moment. Haven't done an exterior yet but can't be that much worse than an interior... Excuse the shoddy level design in the pictures, threw some stuff together to practice navmeshing

https://imgur.com/gallery/vPUz4R3

On 9/15/2018 at 12:19 AM, ComatoseHuman said:

Hey, I've been following this project with interest for a while now, and finally decided to get off my arse and help in any way I can. Slowly teaching myself implementation, but found that I actually quite like navmeshing so thought I'd apply for that after hearing that you were in need of navmeshers. My preferred province would be The Iliac Bay, however I'd be more than happy to work anywhere that'll have me or needs navmeshers at the moment. Haven't done an exterior yet but can't be that much worse than an interior... Excuse the shoddy level design in the pictures, threw some stuff together to practice navmeshing

https://imgur.com/gallery/vPUz4R3

Hello,

I'm the implementation and scripting director on the Iliac Bay.

Your navmeshing skills seem proficient, though more practice is always welcome. Unfortunately IB isn't in need of much navmeshing in the moment. There also aren't generally any dedicated navmeshers. We strongly recommend you learn implementation, but we can bring you aboard in the mean time. The Bethesda tutorials are generally well regarded.

If that's alright, I'll get you set up now.

Thank you very much, my mistake, it's only Cyrodiil that seems to need dedicated navmeshers. I've been invited there for that role, but I will definitely keep chipping away at implementation, want to be as helpful as possible. Thank you very much. 

4 hours ago, ComatoseHuman said:

Thank you very much, my mistake, it's only Cyrodiil that seems to need dedicated navmeshers. I've been invited there for that role, but I will definitely keep chipping away at implementation, want to be as helpful as possible. Thank you very much. 

No worries. Other provinces, including my own, will have opportunities for you now, or in the future, if you keep learning.

Best of luck!