General Signup Thread

699 posts in this topic

Posted

If you are interested in joining our team, it is quite simple, all you have to do is post below with your name and what skills/talents/experience you have and we'll add you to the team. :)

Posted

Putting my name in, since there will be some resources shared between Cyrodiil and Morrowind. Also in case there are things that shouldn't be discussed publicly for some reason or another.

Posted

I'll set your role as "Return to Morrowind liaison" if that works with you?

Posted

This is sensible - can you join me up as "Elsweyr liaison" please? I'll obviously be doing heightmap stuff first but after that we'll need to get the blending right across the Elsweyr border from the West Weald up to Riverhold and from Lleyawiin up to the Rim

Posted

Or you could just ask them to change the permissions so that other Beyond Skyrim leads have access, like what we have with Elseweyr and Morrowind. In fact, TtC's leads should have access to us, too - if you don't, I need to annoy Andalaybay about permissions.

Again.

:P

Posted

I've gone and checked I think I can see all the sections for Morrowind, I'll get Andalaybay to sort the permissions for TtC :)

Posted (edited)

Well, everyone can see most of it, but can you post in anything but general? If not, I'll have to get that fixed.

Edited by Transbot9

Posted

As Team Leads, both of you ought to be able to see Elsweyr / The Skooma Den (the team members area); you should probably not be able to see Elsweyr / Management (team leads area). Ordinary team members probably shouldn't be able to see either of them without being joined up to Elsweyr as well. If that's not how it works we should probably discuss it with the other leads and admins over in Project Administration.

Posted

@ Transbot9 I have an option to post so I think that is ok

@morcroft I can't see anything called skooma den

Posted

@Morcroft: I see a bunch of the other forums for Elseweyr, but not the Skooma den.

Posted

I'll clarify what you can and can't see in the project admin forum so we don't clutter this thread.

Posted

Hi I'm new to this site, but not to Nexus sites for Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3 and New Vegas. I uploaded one or two mods for Fallout 3 and started one for New Vegas. The New Vegas was acually just me extending the highway out of the southwest corner down to Tierrasanta in San Diego, California. One of the Fallout 3 mods was a door outside the Megaton house that takes you directly to a Tirreasanta Military neighborhood. Here's a link:

http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/12168

I have Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim, and all their DLC except for Dawnguard on PC(and xbox 360) so I can place objects into the game and be able to compare to previous games. I have a basic understanding of the creation kit. I don't know how to make quests or dialogue yet. I can't make new 3d models and bring them into the CK yet either. I'm still learning and I play these games almost every day.

Let me at this mod! lol. Thanks for getting this going guys. It's going to be awesome.

Posted

Hi, name's Eric (or Tennae on the Nexus), and I'm interested in working in Cyrodiil. I have experience with the creation kit, especially in the areas of landscaping and level design, NPC design, and have recently done the most basic scripting tutorials, which I intend to expand on, as well as getting into dialogue and quest manipulation. I also have some experience with texturing in Oblivion, but I haven't yet found a program to let me switch out the texture on models for Skyrim (I had NifSkope for oblivion.) No uploaded mods to show for it, mostly because I'm a coward and didn't feel my projects were ever complete enough for it.

I'd love to work on Ayleid ruins once again, though. It's been a while. :D

Posted

Nifskope works on Skyrim, too, just need a never version.

Posted

Interesting.

Posted

@ Eric Blank

I believe I am the first to tackle the creation of architectural assets and Tilesets for the Aylein Ruins.

So feel free to send me suggestions for the creation and design of those.

Posted

Ah, ok than I withdraw my previous statement.

Posted

Hey there, I've been looking to get in on a project like this! From what I can tell, this is the most organized attempt to rebuild Cyrodiil out there, along with The Nirn Project.

First of all, what I have to bring to the table (in order of preference and skill):

- Informal Writing and Editing skills. I care about spelling and syntax.

- Lore conscious. I wish to go lore crawling to try and reconcile the province of Cyrodiil with the 4E 201 time-frame as it exists alongside Skyrim. I understand how important a cohesive environment is for presenting various tableaus, vingettes and quests. I'm also interested in forming a solid story and main quest alongside other writers.

- Characters and Dialogue. I have a smattering of skills with both the G.E.C.K. and the Creation Kit, and am interested in creating NPC's and NPC dialogue when the time comes.

- Voice Acting. All that dialogue will need to be heard! I can do a pretty good dark elf/necromancer/vampire type voice. Basically that haughty evil tone so many of the asshole npc's affect.

- Quests. I'm slowly improving my skill with papyrus (with a simple background in javascript) and would be interested in scripting quests. Playtesting and breaking the quests as well to make sure everything works.

- Modeling. I have very limited blender experience I wish to improve over time, and I figure taking a crack at some of the flora resources needed would be a good skill-up. I'm also interested in cluttering.

I would be willing to work on any and all of these things, and I currently have a lot of free time to invest. I also actively desire to play the result as it's one of my "Dream Mods". I may ask for help often or not at all depending on my task, but I take direction well, and actively try to find solutions to my problems (career background in technical troubleshooting). However, I require strong leaders who know what they want, and who can make the best use of me. The clearer the picture of my objective, the easier it is for me to complete it.

All that said, I have some questions:

- How closely tied is this project to The Nirn Project, if at all? Do guys share resources, do I have to pick a side? I haven't signed up there yet, and won't if it means doubling my workload, but it would seem illogical not to collude with them.

- A wiki was mentioned several times as I scanned through the forums before signing up; is it still around (I never saw a link)? Is it up to date?

- Speaking of the wiki, is there currently a single spot for compiling lore information? Is lore handled by province, or will there be/is there one central repository?

- Are there any project design documents I may have missed? Has anyone layed out some hard timelines and project goals? I don't want to see this roll out with the fog.

Anyway, I hope I have something to contribute and I'm eager to get some orders and clarity about this project, which could prove to be a phenomenal mod.