Deamonata

General Signup Thread

@ Tungsten

- This project recently moved into Dark Creations so we are in the motion of getting things organized, but sure enough we are making decent progress.

- As for project Nirn, that name has not been shared in these forums, at least not that I'm aware of so my guess is we are not sided with them.

- We have a wiki and I think it is sorta up to date but Im not too sure. TtC Wiki

- As I said before the group is still settling into Dark Creations and rebuilding its Moder force so most everything is still in discussion at the moment while other matters are in pre-production.

Deamonata and the DC Admins should be able to get you up to date, sorted, and answer all of your questions fully.

P.S.

Welcome :D

Edited by Otis Spunks

Hi Tungsten, Otis appears to have done a good job of answering your questions already so I wont repeat the answers, I'll get you sorted out with access asap. Welcome to the team!!

I recall coming across The Nirn Project back when Beyond Skyrim was getting started - scanning the link, it doesn't seem to have been updated since February. If it's still going, I've not heard anything about them since them (and before then, really), and they previously refused collaboration. The Cyrodiil mod that was mentioned on their page is the one that's moved here, I believe.

The link to the wiki is here. How up to date it is depends on the projects.

Greetings, i'm interested in joining the project.

After playing about 800+hours of Oblivion, I feel as though my understanding of Cyrodiil may be put to use here.

I may not be much in the way of 3D modelling or modding just yet, but I've got a lot of free time on my hands which I've dedicated to learning the CK.

Attributes I can boast, however, are:

• Strong understanding of the lore. Having read every in game book and played every TES game since Daggerfall, unfortunately not Battlespire, though I understand it's plot and the events.
  • Whilst I have no formal skills in writing, I am very creative. From reading through some of the posts I see you've already decided on a main plot, so I wouldn't mind designing a few dungeon story ceoncepts, like how every dungeon in Skyrim has a unique story regarding the inhabitants.
  • I have an Australian accent and am interested in voice acting. I don't have any experience in this area, but I speak clearly and don't sound like an uneducated bogan. So I suppose that's a plus. Just need to get my hands on some quality sound recording equipment if you decide to use my voice, which should be easy enough.

As stated previously; I have a lot of free time. Once my skills in the CK become more refined (should be fairly soon) I will be able to assists in the grunt work of item and tree placement, if needed.

Well, I believe that is all.

You. I like you. And not just because of dat accent.

I'd not worry about the lack of modelling experience, we're in the same boat there, and it sounds like you're getting better at it. Plus, you can never have enough Lore Junkies and people with spare time on hand. Creativity's a big bonus too :D

While I don't make the decisions, it'd be great to have you on the team

You. I like you.

I like your hat. It's very stylish. :P

I'd not worry about the lack of modelling experience, we're in the same boat there, and it sounds like you're getting better at it. Plus, you can never have enough Lore Junkies and people with spare time on hand. Creativity's a big bonus too :D

Well if there's one thing I know it's the lore, and if I can't recall something off the top of my head I'll know which book or game it's in.

Haha, I'd like to think i'm getting better at the CK, it's still very alien to me. Practice makes perfect though, right?

Thanks heaps!

After I'm done fixing my Skyrim (Patch 1.7 completely destroyed my game...) I'll get to work making sure your ideas coincide with my understanding of the lore, making suggestions and writing some fresh ideas up. Thanks again.

I'm sloooooowly creating assets for what is theoretically a giant Ayleid city mod for Skyrim. If/when they happen, I'll let you guys have access to them.

Garden Bench

gallery_576_65_14865.png

Ayleid Key

gallery_576_65_240131.png

The Ayleid stuff here is actually for a flashback sequence that's supposed to happen in a giant propylon chamber that's malfunctioning; but we'll save that story for another day. Both are in game ready.

- Cheers

Hey, thanks guys! I need to inset welkynd stones in the legs, but yeah! It's super rewarding to be able to model, and I'm glad my first projects are turning out so well. Thank goodness Autodesk makes it's software available to students. Next bit I'll make will be a gazebo thingy, so I'll keep posting, somewhere here...

Hello everyone.

I have never worked on a game mod before but I'm looking to start. I love the Elder Scrolls universe and think this mod would be an awesome one to work on.

I don't have an abundance of free time but I've been looking to get into the modding community for a while now and am more than willing to work on stuff in the free time that I have.

As far as experience goes:

- I have a Bachelors of Science in Game Art & Design. I graduated in 2009 and haven't modeled or textured anything in a while but i'm more than willing to dust off the cobwebs.

- I like to think that I am creative and have somewhat of an artistic eye. Only one eye though, the left one, the other one isn't artistic at all.

- I spent over a year working as a Video Game Tester, so I can test almost anything and write up bug reports with the best of them.

- I am currently a Python developer. So I have a decent amount of programming experience.

- My knowledge of TES lore isn't great but I do know quite a bit.

I am very interested in scripting in the Creation Kit and have been watching all of the tutorials as well as messing around with it personally. I haven't made anything substantial though.

That being said I would love to be a part of this team and help out however best I can.

Hey peoples,

I haven't much experience modding Skyrim, though I've browsed a bunch of tutorials and forums. I've been wanting to start for a while, but I kept putting it off. I don't always have a lot of time to mod and play, but I'd like to help as much as I can.

Experience:

- I can model most inanimate things in Blender, though animals and the like still give me a bit of trouble. Maybe I just over-focus on the details.

- I have a working knowledge of Java and C++, and I could probably figure out whatever the CK uses

- I'm very interested in architecture, and would love to work on some of the buildings for Cyrodiil.