Deamonata

General Signup Thread

I would personally love to have you both on the team. Cyrodiil is a big place, so you can never have enough modelers.

The boss man / Team Leader should get to you shortly, I suspect he's been very busy lately.

Hey, somehow I ended up here from Nexus and well, I liked what I saw. After looking around a bit, I realized that I may be able to hopefully contribute. While I believe someone has already applied for this (maybe even several someones), I would also like to assist with story/quest writing. If that doesn't work out, I am rather proficient with Java so I should be able to learn Papyrus or some variation of C rather quickly. Lastly, if that isn't open or something, then I'm decent at sketching stuff with a graphics tablet ... provided I don't have to make it colorful or fancy. Well, that's my spiel.

Edit: If I am being considered, I reaaaaaaalllly want to help with the writing above all, but I don't mind doing a bit of everything.

Edited by Alloyhawk

What

Hey, somehow I ended up here from Nexus and well, I liked what I saw. After looking around a bit, I realized that I may be able to hopefully contribute. While I believe someone has already applied for this (maybe even several someones), I would also like to assist with story/quest writing. If that doesn't work out, I am rather proficient with Java so I should be able to learn Papyrus or some variation of C rather quickly. Lastly, if that isn't open or something, then I'm decent at sketching stuff with a graphics tablet ... provided I don't have to make it colorful or fancy. Well, that's my spiel.

Edit: If I am being considered, I reaaaaaaalllly want to help with the writing above all, but I don't mind doing a bit of everything.

What project team would you like to join Allyhawk?

hello , I would love to help in this project.

I have done many personal landscapes in the past and I am very patient.

I am good at landscape creation , forests specifically placing the trees and flora based on lore I

am obsessed by the lore of TES games and love lush green forests and would be well placed to do landscape creation.

Hope I can be of some help I have a some free time sins I work at home

My experience with landscape creation started with morrowind with the old CS and then oblivion and of course skyrim today , I also do other games but thats not realy important

Sorry for my bad grammer

EDIT : on the nexus I go by C0331

Edited by Privata

Hello, I'm interested in joining the project. I would love to add any skills I have in the CK to the project. I am:

• Adept in Scripting, Quest Design, and Dialogue (I can create different fully-fledged crime factions with guards from the ground up)
  • Knowledgeable in dungeon, house, and town design
  • Knowledgeable in retexturing (but not in creating nifs from the ground up, sadly)
  • Know all the basics of the creation kit (items, formulas, value/skill modifiers, perks, creation of new spells, creating new worldspaces, landscaping, etc.)

I can really help with anything. Just point me to a task and I'll see it done to the best of my ability :)

This is my most ambitious project yet.

Thanks! :) and that depends, what do you mean specifically? I can place trees, rocks, and the like, but I have yet to learn LOD :( (doesn't mean I can't learn! :D)

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I can also do base landscaping, if that's what you mean (like with the red radius tool).

Edited by Penguinchao

I was referring to the procedural region generation tool in the CK. But based on what you say, it looks more like your speciality is landscaping manually.

Which is great - that's a rare skill. Our usual modus operandi here is to do a crude version of each region using the automatic tools, then manually tweaking it afterwards to get rid of floaters etc., as well as add in specific location, like groves and ponds. Does that sort of thing take your fancy?

The specific, manual editing does :3 I could design things like that :) If it'd be useful, I'd be willing to give making Cameron's Paradise a shot ;)

I do have a question though: are there people who are creating shapes/textures for this project, and are we allowed to use Modder's resources (so long as credit is given)?

I am doing modeling now Penguinchao, before I was just doing dungeon creation. Anyways, we will use the modders resources from Tamriel Rebuilt, and create our own. Etem and I will discuss what would be your best role. I already submitted you, so you should be part of the team soon.

Anyways, we will use the modders resources from Tamriel Rebuilt, and create our own. Etem and I will discuss what would be your best role. I already submitted you, so you should be part of the team soon.

Only the Hammerfell project has been granted access to certain resources from Tamriel rebuilt, its a very delicate matter so I want to refrain from talking about it in detail, but that’s how it is.

Ah alright Markus, I think we were discussing this before about multi-culture shops or so in the Imperial City, but anyways, we do have access to some models.

Why is selecting quote make it double-quote?

Edited by Camonna Tong

I am doing modeling now Penguinchao, before I was just doing dungeon creation. Anyways, we will use the modders resources from Tamriel Rebuilt, and create our own. Etem and I will discuss what would be your best role. I already submitted you, so you should be part of the team soon.

Many Thanks! :)

Hello, I'd like to submit an application to join the Travel to Cyrodiil team. A current member of the team recommended this project to me.

One published mod of mine deals with the Imperial City

I know the basics of scripting, I enjoy dialogue and quest writing, and can modify meshes with 3DS Max.

I am extremely comfortable with landscape editing, item/spell/etc modification and creation, worldspaces, and environment (urban, rural, and dungeon) design.

I hope that I can be of use to the project!

Edited by ucm
  • reaction_title_1 1

Welcome aboard!  Your words "can modify meshes with 3dsMax" were music to my ears.  That is exactly what we need.

At the moment we're mainly working on an intensive effort to replicate assets from TES4 (or something near enough) in 3DSmax.  Given our limited time and resources, it's the most efficient way to build tilesets for Cyrodiil.  Bruma, Leyawiin and Cheydinhal are already being worked on.

If you're interested by this, you should talk to a modder called Markus Liberty.  He's one of these forum's resident modelers, and developed the technique we are using.

Hello and Welcome to Dark Creations.

I had a look at your previous mod and I got to say, it looks great.  I’m one of the project leaders of the Hammerfell project, but I help out with 3D models for Cyrodiil, in fact, I have started a little project called the Cyrodiil recreation project which aims to recreate the assets from the elder scrolls IV.

Now, I understand that your strong side is level design? What we are looking to do now is to region generate and hand create the Jerral mountains. The city of Bruma is getting closer to completion and we will need someone to recreate it on our Height Map.  Sounds like something you want to work with?

Fantastic!  I have some ideas - I'll send you a PM and describe them in more detail, to avoid cluttering this thread.

It seems there isn't built a place for art & music, or I simply didn't found it. In that case, I will publish some afternoon work I made, playing with the Oblivion theme. I remember this is not at all finished, just wanted to show you where this is headed:

https://soundcloud.com/guinolas/cyrodill-a-broken-theme-wip-0

When there is a subject built, I will put it in there

Edited by guinolas
  • reaction_title_1 2