Chorrol Development

113 posts in this topic

Posted

Since Vengeful Peanut and I are fleshing out Chorrol, and with the exterior tileset nearly complete, we've made a new layout with the West wall expanded west:
https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1tsLvUJKWNpb2Ik4NlyqPRI2rBPHZLqPuP2VttQlUKl8/edit

We have a few buildings already named, so how does this look? Any suggestions?

Things to include, lots of trees and flora, shorter line of sight, open fields around the city, wooden battlements etc.

To fit an extra district on the west side, though, we'd have to make the city itself denser due to the river being very close and pretty steep on that side - would it be possible to instead move the extra area to the north-northwest (outside the north gate, where the riverbank is less steep), something like this?

MAo8I2a.png

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Oh dang, I forgot about the river being added. However the city is set up is not up to me. You should ask Markus about it, since he made/is making the exterior Chorrol house models.

If there is a new district, it doesn't have to be very large, just enough to fit some middle or lower class buildings. This district should be walled in though, unlike the bruma refugee houses, to show the expanse of the city. It might be interesting to see the entire west side of the city made to use only middle class housing then, and add the lower class inn and structures to the northewest

Edited by Argor nash35

Posted

Was Chorrol taken by the Dominion?

Posted

I think I remember them talking about Bruma being the only City not to be damaged by wars during the fourth era from the Great war and the Umbriel Crisis. I could be wrong though.

Posted

I think I remember them talking about Bruma being the only City not to be damaged by wars during the fourth era from the Great war and the Umbriel Crisis. I could be wrong though.

I think Chorrol may have been bypassed by the Dominion, but I'm not sure... You can always ask Lasur or one of our other writer/lore people, I'm sure they'd know!

Posted (edited)

From reading Tamriel Rebuild and lore posts on Elders Scrolls Lore Reddit, I think that it would be best to go with a Bavaria, Bohemian, Swabian, Franconian and Moravian flavor for Chorrol mixed with a hint of Kent, England. Chorrol is in beer land and Bavaria as well as the Czech Republic are best known for their beer. In fact Bavaria was the country to create the first food purity law so what better way to honor Bavaria than to base Chorrol around it. We could add an Oktoberfest inspired festival. I might be an extreme newcomer to modding and my drawing skills may not be the best but I have a fountain of information in my head. Just think about your companion commenting on the festival and tasting all the different beers (more than just ales; there's weiznbier, roggenbier, helles, maibock, pilsners, märzenbier, dunkel etc).

Edited by GracefulD1an
needed to add a list of beers

Posted (edited)

To continue the new district could be the brewers district. That would add lore friendliness as breweries were located in a separate area out of fear of stray fires starting due to drying hops with flames.

Edited by GracefulD1an
3 people like this

Posted

Fair ideas but we have a pretty solid idea of Chorrol's cultural and historical setup already. The festival idea is similar to something already planned in the city at this time, actually, and due to TES's city size limitations, breweries would most likely be outside the city, instead of in a district, but a brewery isn't out of the question for the city.

Posted

Exactly. One of the major brewing centers in Cyrodiil could proudly proclaim it having strict purity laws regarding beer and nearly everyone likes Oktoberfest. Also it would be fun especially with your followers. 

Posted

Skingrad would make more sense, especially since it has much less planned (and is practically a large winery)

Perhaps the town of Oldwall between Kvatch and Skingrad could be a dedicated brewery (if that one still exists - not sure if it was nixed) with a competition between Kvatch beer brewers and Skingrad winers annually or some such.

2 people like this

Posted

Skingrad would make more sense, especially since it has much less planned (and is practically a large winery)

Perhaps the town of Oldwall between Kvatch and Skingrad could be a dedicated brewery (if that one still exists - not sure if it was nixed) with a competition between Kvatch beer brewers and Skingrad winers annually or some such.

I would have to look up wine festival but if we can do one like Oktoberfest that would be awesome.

1 person likes this