It's time to announce Roscrea

26 posts in this topic

Posted

Roscrea is a mod for TES V: Skyrim and tries to follow the style and guidelines of DLCs and Expansions Bethesda has released for The Elder Scrolls games. As the name suggests Roscrea takes place on the island of Roscrea which is mentioned in books "Brief History of the Empire v 3" and "Pocket Guide to the Empire, 3rd Edition/Skyrim". Mods focus is to create the island as lore-friendly as possible with the slight knowledge we have about it. We have a clear vision for the mod but all thoughts and ideas are welcome on our Discussion forum.

med_gallery_1159_164_121223.jpg
Temporary project logo based on the map idea of Roscrea

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

While always having close relations with Beyond Skyrim Roscrea haven't been officially been associated with it - until now. We are glad to announce Roscrea has now officially joined into Beyond Skyrim as independent sub project. To celebrate this moving we'll release updated project logo during the next month.

Edited by Nago
9 people like this

Posted

Glad to know your effort is now added to BS. Congratulations, Nago the word tamer :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Congratulations one and all.

Posted (edited)

Thanks for your fine words Deeza. If you look at the logo in more symbolic way you may also notice the EEC contract surrounded by mithril does not only reference to EEC and it's deeds on the island but also another, much older deal made around mithril...

Edited by Nago

Posted

That's looking good Nago!

My only feedback is that the objects seem a little flat agains the map backdrop. This might be because they aren't really casting any shadows? If you're rendering this in the Creation Kit could you try and add a spotlight of some description?

The Dragon Priest mask also seems a little small compared to the coinpurses.

Posted

My only feedback is that the objects seem a little flat agains the map backdrop. This might be because they aren't really casting any shadows? If you're rendering this in the Creation Kit could you try and add a spotlight of some description?

I agree

Nago, you could use the solitude fireplace light, one of the versions have object shadows enabled. :)

Posted

Or you or some one could import those objects into blender or 3D max and do a full render, that would probably achieve the best results.
Anyway, still looking good! I love how it tells some of the story itself.

Posted (edited)

Very cool, reminds me of Daggerfall's menu!
Edit: Speaking of Daggerfalls menu: Perhaps instead of a fireplace, the light source could be a candle on the desk?

Edited by Psychedelic

Posted

There's an ugly lighting seam running straight down the middle of  the mask, and that tiny chunk of ore on the bottom right seems a little weird, but other than that it looks great.

Posted (edited)

Yep, I love the image and everything it subtly suggests, but the lighting is an issue (look at the mask's shadow to see the seam clearly). I highly recommend installing ENB, even if it's just for this screenshot. High quality shadows, lighting, and SSAO will make this image give the best first impression possible. Even if it makes your game chug to below 5fps, you only need to grab a screenshot :)

It works wonders for close-ups like this. Shadows and highlights everything beautifully, to really pull a scene together:

c2dd06b2-0536-43ad-875a-ff80723a65a5.jpg

b6c48c8e-a4bb-4c3e-8cec-9019d64e23c4.jpg

Edited by Darkstorne

Posted

To jump back a point, what are the implications of being part of the Beyond Skyrim project? Are we now able to use assets from the Beyond Skyrim BSA as well as vanilla?

Posted (edited)

We are focusing to have separate BSA because of the nature of our project. Being part of Beyond Skyrim means we are part of large, lore-friendly and high quality mod family. It gives us chance to cooperate more with the other projects (for example we are sharing mithril assets). Another thing is publicity. As a part of Beyond Skyrim we are getting more attention and visitors on our forums and Roscrea is noticed as a part of something bigger. In other hand Roscrea which is much smaller than the other projects would likely see the release earlier than most which hopefully lifts up the reputation of Beyond Skyrim and gains more attention for the other projects as well.

Edited by Nago

Posted

Thanks for clarifying, Nago. With Beyond Skyrim being as large a project as it is, I find it hard to keep track of all that goes on. It all sounds like good stuff for Roscrea though!

Posted

Oh, now this is exciting! Do you have a storyline in mind or anything?

1 person likes this