Join Roscrea Team

145 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi there!  This project looks great and I would love to help out!  My specialty is level design.  Here is my website with links to all of my work.

1 person likes this

Posted

Welcome to the forums BluePianoTwo! I'm glad to see your interest towards Roscrea. There's a lot of level designing to do and so your skills would be useful for the project especially with dungeons and other interiors. I also need to ask you if you know how to merge .esp -files? I know there are some people on darkcreations who are aware how it works but I'm not one of them. Having in team someone who could do it would be valuable if we have more than one level designer. Otherwise we need strict coordination to have only one working on the .esp -file at the time and the latest version always uploaded on here.

Posted

I did some quick research and this is what I came up with.  There appear to be two methods...

Version Control

TES5Edit

Also, thanks for the fast reply!  Let me know what you'd like me to get started on.  :)

Posted

I have read some of that stuff but it seems a little complicated and I haven't tried it out. I probably need to ask from someone here who know more about it. Anyway I will request admins to add you in Roscrea Team. I'll send you a PM for further instructions.

Posted

Hello there, as I began in my other posts I would like to continue to assist the Roscrea team in whichever capacity I am able.

I'm a bit of a dabbler when it comes to working in the CK. Most of my experience so far has been in making small personal overhauls of game settings or in tweaking the mods of others to suit my play style. I have also built and nav-meshed interior cells for Fallout New Vegas and I understand the mechanics to be very similar for Skyrim.

I don't have any real experience with editing meshes or textures but this is something I hope to work on in the future.

I currently work as a project and product manager for a small web business as well as dipping my toes in as a developer and UX designer. My other interests as overlap with modding are in folklore, philosophy and classical literature.

If there is anything else you would like to know or if there is something specific I can be doing to help out please let me know.

Warmest regards.

Posted

Welcome in the team. I just requested admins to add you in so you should gain membership soon. It sounds like you could have some talents to write ingame books, quests and NPCs with their dialogues, is that right? Also your experience with Fallout may be useful indeed. If you wish to create interiors create them on new individual esp files which uses only vanilla Skyrim as a master. Once you have built an interior upload it into our download section and let me know. I'll make it sure your works will be merged into our main esp.

While I'm busy with building exteriors and assets we would really have use for writers and interior designers.

Posted

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know that I've been buried by an avalanche of work this week. I've been keeping an eye on the threads so far but haven't had the time (or energy) to post! I'll probably resign myself to not checking the threads again until the weekend so that I can fully focus on getting ahead with work over the next couple of days.

Looking forward to catching up with you all soon!

Posted

Hi guys, I'm experiencing another busy period at work again. I'll be back with you over the weekend. Have fun!

Posted

Hi.

Though later I intend to make a general post expressing my absolute admiration for the ambition and belief in doing something greater that is the foundation of Beyond Skyrim, I would like to extend the offer to join the Roscrea team in lore development and lore-writing. I think I have a God-given talent of creativity and a way to put words to paper, and I feel I would be an asset to bringing Roscrea to life in a lore-accurate, logical way.

Posted

Hey PFEIton, nice to see new person participating on our forums. I gladly welcome you to work for Roscrea. I'm not instantly adding you in the team but once you have done something for the project I will. That's currently the only requirement for joining in the team: create something we could use in the game and you're in. As a (lore)writer you are I would like to use your talents for ingame books. To describe Roscrea and all it's lore we need several books written but we have only a few and some of them aren't fully fitting with the latest changes on the lore so we clearly lack well written ingame books.

Posted

Hey Nago, just want to offer my services creating interiors for the project if there's any need! Loving the progress here mate!

2 people like this

Posted

Awesome to see you offering help Jehoram. We would indeed need more people to work on interiors. Create them on separate esps, use only Skyrim.esm as master and once you have something ready upload in our download section and send me PM about it. During the process you could create a thread for your dungeon if you wish. Some other useful info you could found on

Posted

Hey Nago, I'm a composer and I'd love to work on a project like this. I have a little experience writing music for games but spend most of my time working with film and writing for production music companies. I don't have any 'Skyrim-esque' examples to hand but do feel free to check out my website/soundcloud etc. if you want to hear some of my music. 

This is a hidden playlist of my more recent work for production music companies, mostly trailers, genre TV music etc. 'The Black Sacrament' (obviously) and 'A Stolen Night' might be most appropriate. 
 - www.alexlamy.com/productionmusic
I also just uploaded this for you guys to hear - https://soundcloud.com/alexlamy/the-river-dart/s-WB36a - It's a Harp & Violin, folky sort of piece that could work well for ES games. 
www.alexlamy.com - www.soundcloud.com/alexlamy
Let me know if you need some music, it'd be a good bit of experience to work closely on a project like this. I see some of the other Beyond Skyrim areas have some composers submitting music, but I'd be looking to write custom stuff to what the project needs in terms of story and areas. 

1 person likes this