The pictures of the area I am talking about can be found here, here and here.

Obviously ours would be a medieval version, but I think that the atmosphere could be replicated - glowing lights from molten metal, clanking machinery, hammering and the roar of furnaces.  It could be a very atmospheric and interesting location (and maybe a place for the player to find work on the island, shovelling coal).

• reaction_title_1 1

That's interesting and inspiring but there's no room in the city for such large structure it would require, one possible way is to build such a place underground with the mine. Also if such thing is needed for smelting we need kind of place next every mine (this means three of them on the island) and we should prevent player from smelting mithril at common smelters. As cool as it would be I'm not sure if it would be gameplay-wise step to take.

Edit: One idea is to copy the atmosphere for the main Roscrean mine and make it to be a huge mine and smithery at the same time.

Edited by Nago

I'm beginning to set up the interiors for Crane Shore (just cells containing the interior model and a door linked to the exterior world for now).

Do we have a plan of who is living where? I'm going to make a map with house 1,2,3 etc, but could also add the house names, locations etc in the CK whilst I'm at it, but that would require more information than I currently have.

Also do we have cell naming conventions? Most (but not all) interior cells seem to be called Roscreanameofcell is that what we want or should I go with ROSnameofcell? (I think ROS is the Roscrea project code? http://www.darkcreations.org/forums/topic/8908-naming-conventions/)

Finally, is anyone actively working on any interior cell at the moment? Cos if not I could tidy up the names and locations of all the interior cells whilst I'm at it?

Edited by Bellatrix

ROS indeed is the Roscrea project code. When the project was started it wasn't part of BS and it was quite much like a personal project of mine and I wasn't wise enough to use naming code there, many things just had "Roscrea" somewhere in their name so I easily found them with search. It's too much work to change everything which was done but all the new stuff should name starting with "ROS".

The map is a good idea. Remember to check this thread too: http://www.darkcreations.org/forums/topic/4843-player-housing-on-crane-shore/

On that thread we had a map to vote for player housing. H won the voting but C wasn't far from it so I think it would be fair to use either one for player. The big building with tower and wooden walkway is the Counts Manor, the house behind it (between F&G) is barracks of the city guard. The house above the H belongs to old and rich captain who is involved in mainquest with his ship. The ship crew lives in the house below H, near the private dock and ship. Near the city gates is a small EEC warehouse but EEC offices are the big building next to the mine. The store near the dock is named "Hook & Bait", it belongs to old fisherman (I may have had a name planned for him but I have forgot it). The store sells anything related to fishing or sailing. Including repairs for ships and boats.

gallery_1159_37_9435.jpg.4f252fdbe71b72c

Edited by Nago

OK, that's really helpful. Is there a plan about locations in that I was going ot set them up for the Crane Shore houses. I was going to have Roscrea as a location (probably a county?) Then Crane Shore (and other villages such as Shonvaal mine would get their own location too) and then each interior would be a location within Crane Shore. Does that sound about right for Roscrea then the town?

So far, I've set up all the blank cells with location refs and consistent names. I'm working on getting the Bruma placeholder interiors in-game, but that's quite slow so it'll probably be another week or so before everything is done and ready to be merged.

Unfortunately I couldn't zoom out enough to take one picture, so had to take three to get every building on at least one picture

CraneShore1

CraneShore2CraneShore3

This is what I have so far in terms of houses and who I think goes where (about half have no occupants?)

2) Ship's Crew Quarters
3) Player Home (Sea View?)
4) Captain's House
5) Count's Manor
6) Barracks
10 Chapel
11) Inn
14) EEC Warehouse
15) EEC Headquarters
17) Alchemists hut? (stall in market)
18) Hook & Bait (Fishing / sailing merchants)
20) Blacksmith

Have I missed any? To fill up some of the empty interiors (if they are empty!) I'd like to propose a second tavern (this new one should be a real dive bar and where the fisherman / miners tend to go), an alchemists shop (which has a few very expensive ingredients from all over Tamriel thanks to the ECC trade routes as well as much cheaper local ingredients) and a whale fat refinery - which I was thinking could look a bit like the picture below but with fewer herbs and more blubber!

2014-12-13_00001

Edit and another could be a smokery....and probably a lumber yard just outside the town to account for all the tree stumps nearby!

Edited by Bellatrix
  • reaction_title_1 2

You missed one, 6)The City Guard Barracks.

I do not agree with the second tavern. In a town of this size it would be too much. 

We already have an alchemist selling stuff on the market platform so a shop would not fit in the picture. However your suggestion has something good in it. I think we should create a home of a dedicated and a bit mad alchemist, who's apprentice sells his potions on the market stall. That kind of NPC would also be a good source for misc & side quests.

The whale fat refinery is really interesting and new kind of idea. We should look into it and develop it a bit further too see what we can come up to.

We could have a barracks for the East Empire Merchant Marine? We're planning on having them in Morrowind. They enforce security, enforce payment of debts and deal with banditos. They might also attempt to keep peace between native and colonial interests and also might have a few members who are secretly supporting the interests of Solitude on Roscrea.

Their aesthetic would likely be a variant of the Imperial Legion, though on Roscrea, we might consider giving them plenty of mithril in their appearance, to reflect their monopoly, or they might use ebony, to reflect the company's heritage.

Edited by Blackfyre87