Glass murals

90 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Sooo I started working on the glass murals for the cathedral.
I have already finished 5 sketches of 8 and colored and finished one of them :)
Laaaadies and Gentlemen, I present you: Kynareth (edited, same quality as Stendarr now)
(Work in Process, the others will follow ^^ )

To make it easier and to have them all at one place I´ll update this post everytime and add all the other finished murals here too:

- Zenithar (edited, same quality as Stendarr now)

- Dibella (edited, same quality as Stendarr now)

- Stendarr

- Julianos

- Mara

- Akatosh

- Arkay

- Martin

Edited by myriliam
17 people like this

Posted

Seriously, the level of quality that I have seen from all the modders and designers here is beyond spectacular. You wouldn't get things looking this pretty from many modern games with full-time staff.

Posted (edited)

Thank you! Maybe because the people here do their work by choice and because they love what they´re doing :)

Yooo,  I finished Zenithar today! 2 are done, 6 left.  :lol:

--> Here

Edited by myriliam
3 people like this

Posted

These are looking great. I was wondering if there was any possibility (once the Eight have been completed, of course) to have one or two extra ones to replace the missing Talos windows?

I was thinking in particular of St. Martin (for Bruma), St. Alessia (for the Nibenay), and St. Reman (for Colovia). Although of course, there are also more obscure figures such as Marukh, Rislav the Righteous, St. Pelinal and Morihaus.

Posted

Sure, that´s no problem! I can do those extra windows as well.

Just give me the information about the missing windows and what figures you want to use for them, then I can work something out!

I can re-make the other windows as well if you want me to, so we´d have them all in the same style for the new chapels.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

3/8 finished.... Dibella :)

dibella2_kopie_klein_by_myriliam-d7fdg97

*edit: Since I improved while doing those I also lso edited Zenithar and Kynareth again, so all glass murals would have the same quality so far:

zenitharr2_klein_by_myriliam-d7fdl1j.jpg               kynareth_klein_by_myriliam-d7fdlae.jpg

Edited by myriliam
11 people like this

Posted

Are the little overlain banners with the names on them supposed to be used in the final textures? They don't seem right, being able to see glass underneath them.

Posted

The problem might be that i lightened the "glass" inside the scroll a bit up, so the name would be better visible.. It would look more legit if that part wasn't brighter - just like it is in the original example.

I can change that if you don't like it the way it is now and post an example how it would look like with the same brightness/contrast as the rest of the glass.

Posted (edited)

Its the thick lines and that its almost the same colour as the whole window.

e: oh nevermind. x)

Edited by Megol

Posted

As requested, here are concepts for the other suggested windows, plus a few more I thought of.  Don't feel you have to make them all, by any means, but here's the inspiration if any of them take your fancy:

St. Alessia (Colovian version) - Think Joan of Arc.  A young woman in full armor, triumphantly holding the Amulet of Kings aloft in a blood-dripping hand.

St. Alessia (Nibenese version) - Suggested concept art by Michael Kirkbride.  Also description from one of the in-game books - "who bore in her left hand the dragonfire of the aka-tosh and in her right hand the jewels of the covenant and on her breast a wound that spilt void onto her mangled feet".

Morihaus Breath-of-Kyne - A massive angel-winged minotaur with a large ring through his nose.

St. Reman the Tor-Childe - A baby holding a sword, with the Amulet of Kings on his forehead, being held aloft by a Shepherdess (with crook and headdress).

St. Martin the Martyr - Based in appearance off the character from Oblivion.  Wearing the Amulet of Kings and trampling shut the Jaws of Oblivion with his feet.

St. Marukh the Simian - An adult male orang-utan, holding an Elder Scroll in one hand and the Staff of Chaos in the other.

St. Pelinal the Whitestrake - Based off the appearance of the Knights of the Nine armor from Oblivion.  One of his hands is "made out of killing light".  The other carries a mace that drips with Elven blood.

St. Rislav the Righteous - Patron saint of Division of Powers Betwixt Church and State.  In full Colovian armor (perhaps even with a Colovian Fur Helm), with a hawk in one hand and the head of his treacherous brother in the other.

Shezzar - The Missing God.  A smiling, androgynous figure with a gaping hole in his chest where his heart should be, and his hands outstretched in welcome.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

St. Marukh the Simian - An adult male orang-utan, holding an Elder Scroll in one hand and the Staff of Chaos in the other.

I'm not sure about this one, at least not about including the Staff in the mural.  The Staff's connection to the Selectives has apparently been almost entirely forgotten by even the Second Era.  I'm not saying we shouldn't have it figure into the mod someplace, since it's so interesting, but putting it in a glass window for all and sundry to see seems like it would completely nullify any uncertainty or mystery about the whole thing.  You'd also then have to explain why people in the Fourth Era suddenly know about it, and enough people would have to know about it with sufficient proof to merit it being worked into their mainstream theological beliefs and/or artistic designs to end up as one of the glass windows in a chapel.

I like the others though.

Edited by Sage of Ice