Red Morpho's art

174 posts in this topic

Posted

So recently I began talking with Red Morpho, she has given us her permission to go and use her artwork of Ayleid armor and clothing and other stuff.

So here's her DA gallery

http://redmorpho.deviantart.com/gallery/46925971/The-Elder-Scrolls-concept-art-AYLEIDS

As well as her Facebook page, she seems to update this more. Some NSFW stuff on there

https://www.facebook.com/redaart.gallery

And some art

h2_by_redmorpho-d7cd3co.png

h1_by_redmorpho-d7cd368.png

ayleid_02_by_redmorpho-d6vugkx.png

ayleid01_by_redmorpho-d6v6upt.png

old_ways_2_by_redmorpho-d78i8l7.png

13 people like this

Posted

So recently I began talking with Red Morpho, she has given us her permission to go and use her artwork of Ayleid armor and clothing and other stuff.

So here's her DA gallery

http://redmorpho.deviantart.com/gallery/46925971/The-Elder-Scrolls-concept-art-AYLEIDS

As well as her Facebook page, she seems to update this more. Some NSFW stuff on there

https://www.facebook.com/redaart.gallery

And some art

h2_by_redmorpho-d7cd3co.png

h1_by_redmorpho-d7cd368.png

ayleid_02_by_redmorpho-d6vugkx.png

ayleid01_by_redmorpho-d6v6upt.png

old_ways_2_by_redmorpho-d78i8l7.png

That last picture certainly looks like an Ayleid time machine. (hint hint)

1 person likes this

Posted

See this:

old_ways_by_redmorpho-d77xnhr.png

3 people like this

Posted

Yes, that'd be the slot where the Amulet of Kings used to fit in, I would imagine....

I'm really glad we got the go-ahead for this stuff.  It's a really nice interpretation that remains faithful to the original but also kicks it up a notch.  Exactly the sort of thing we should be aiming for with our concepts.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Hello guys:D

Something new:

Ayleid/auroran armor

ayleid_auroran_armor_by_redmorpho-d7shth

If I wasn't enjoying my summer so much I would be working on modeling this for BS (or for personal use if DC didn't like it) right now. God's be praised. I love all the Ayleid artwork I've seen so far.

Edited by Shady Sam
2 people like this

Posted

Ayleids based their actions mainly on magic, so I limited their arsenal of weapons to what you see.

ayleid_weapon_by_redmorpho-d7trkgd.pngayleid_weapon_2_by_redmorpho-d7trkni.png

Aetherial bomb-something like a miniature eye of magnus. Works like a grenade.

8 people like this

Posted (edited)

Well, according to lore, the Ayleids used meteoric iron (which has magical properties) to craft their weapons and armors.

Of course, but meteoric iron reminds me rather of the "black" material, which is made staff on my drawing and decorating their buildings.

You can send me fragment of text where it was written that Ayleids used meteoric iron is a craft weapons and armors?

I only remember that the game was described that mastered the art of producing meteoric iron.

Edited by Red

Posted

Keep in mind meteoric iron is rare and used primarily in construction and Ayleid wells. The Ayleid axes shown in KoTN were made of the types of materials Red is using. That isn't to say we can't call it refined meteoric iron or something, but I wouldn't recommend changing these designs to fit something isn't very clear in the lore.

By the way, welcome to the team! You do some fantastic work and I can't wait to see some of that in action.

Posted

The armor looks awesome its too bad that there was no ayleid armor in oblivion