New Recruitment Thread

658 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Welcome to the Iliac Bay!
This is the thread for anyone who wants to become a member of the Iliac Bay Team.

How to join us

If you want to join our team you have to do the following four things:

1. Introduce yourself and tell us what you want to do for us.
  2. Show us an example of your previous work.
  3. Search our forums to find a task for yourself.
  4. Make a plan how you want to fulfill this task.

Please post your application in this thread.

We look forward to working with you!

What we are searching for

• Exterior Designers
  • Interior-/Dungeon Designers
  • Concept Artists
  • Modelers
  • Scripters

Updated 17/06/2014 --- Eldarie & Deeza

Edited by Joseph Crowell

Posted

Hello friends and freunden,

I'm a long time Dark Creations lurker and fairly recently started to specialize in the implementation of NPCs, dialogue and quests, with all the scripting involved. For NPCs, I consider it my job to generate their face, set up AI Data, factions, stats and services appropriately and creating their daily routines, also adding AI markers to the settlements I work on. I can also set up leveled lists for new enemy types the same way Skyrim has it for its bandits, warlocks and so on.

On the other hand, I'm not someone who can come up with loads of unique NPCs and dialogue by myself, so I would like the help of a writer in that regard. Regarding quests, I don't feel up to the task of creating spectacular Hollywood-esque questlines such as Skyrim's main quest, but I think I can handle complex scenarios with multiple paths befitting High Rock political intrigue. I feel most comfortable making small-scale, immersive quests such as the bounty hunts that you can accept from innkeepers. I know how to make radiant quests and am also slowly figuring out the Story Manager.

I'm applying for membership because I've heard that you have a city that is almost completed and ready for my kind of work (Evermore), the same way I applied for Team Hammerfell in anticipation of Dragonstar.

I'm a native Dutch speaker, which equips me to understand most written German, but I don't speak it and will need an English-speaking writer to work with.

2 people like this

Posted

Hello, Thingy Person!  Your skills are sorely needed, so you are most welcome!

I'm sure Eldarie will soon drop by and offer you more detailed information about the Evermore region and the NPCs that will be required.  The other areas of High Rock  have not yet advanced to the stage where NPCs will be needed, and she is best placed to give you an up to date version of what is required.

Posted (edited)

German translation:

Willkommen in Hochfels!
Dieser Thread ist für jeden, der gerne Mitglied in Hochfels werden möchte. Bevor du postest, geh bitte sicher, dass du den gelesen und verstanden hast. 

Stell dich vor und berichte uns von deinen Moddingfähigkeiten und -erfahrungen. Das macht es einfacher dir zu sagen, wo dein Aufgabenbereich liegen wird.

Wir freuen uns darauf, mit dir zu arbeiten.

Edited by Heno

Posted

If people would like, I can add Heno's translation to the first post, since there are posts between the two.

Posted

I added Heno's translation to Deeza's post per his request.

Posted

Okay, I want to help test, I have some experience with the CK, I can make hirelings and set up merchants (how to make them go/follow to a different cell is beyond me) and set up dungeons and books. I'm okayish at landscaping, been testing GKB green trees and Ztreens combos. I played Daggerfall for a little while, and lastly, are there any age requirements/location/language requirements?  (Boom, short & simple)

:alienjump:

Posted

Hi perry7484,

thanks for your application. We discuss it internally and answer later on.

There are no age or location requirement, but you should be able understand english or german.

Posted

Hello folks, I'm Kraeten! My skillset is that of a level designer. So I pretty much make enviroments with the resources available to us. I can nav-mesh too, so no need to worry about going back over my enviroments much if ever. It might also be useful to mention that I can do a little bit of texturing. Whether that be changing a building's color, making a texture transparent, or adding a glowmap. I don't consider myself much of an artist however so I'm definitely nowhere on par with somone like  CaBaL120.

With that said, I'd be happy to lend my talents to this ambitious project. ^_^

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks for the welcome! :)

Posted

Hello and hallo.

I'm Wellpapp and I'm a level designer. I've been on the Cyrodiil team for a few weeks now and would like to be part of the High Rock team as well. I can do dungeons, house interiors and I'm trying to get into landscaping as well.

This is what I'm currently working on for Cyrodiil:

4 people like this

Posted

Hello, all! 

I'm Vulon, and I'm a musician, writer, and voice actor. I'd love to contribute to the team in any way I can. I made a post including a couple samples of my work that has seen been relocated to the Art section of the forum, but I'll repost the samples here to showcase my general style. 

I've listened to a number of samples of the soundtrack as it currently stands, and I'd very much like to compose material of a similar atmosphere befitting this project. :)

4 people like this