Spectral Dragon

Level Design Complete (Assumes no Experience)

Some of the dungeon section is being updated, as well as some of the general navigation of the creation kit. Not a whole lot but enough to mention.

The big thing that has been decided though is that I will be complimenting these written tutorials with video ones as well. I will likely put the videos in the relevant section in this guide.

Using mod organizer, you don't need separate Skyrim installs. It plays Skyrim from a virtual file structure it creates so you create a folder for your mod in the Mod Organizer mods directory. You then create a profile with no mods other than the default ones and your mod enabled in mod organizer. I usually opt to enable the unofficial patch mods too.

Edited by smokex
  • reaction_title_1 1

Using mod organizer, you don't need separate Skyrim installs. It plays Skyrim from a virtual file structure it creates so you create a folder for your mod in the Mod Organizer mods directory. You then create a profile with no mods other than the default ones and your mod enabled in mod organizer. I usually opt to enable the unofficial patch mods too.

I have not used mod organizer myself, but this is worth mentioning in the guide so will give it a shot and add it :)

Ysolda was kind enough to start working on the german translation! You can find the translation highlighted in blue in the first post and I will continue adding it to the relevant section being translated for our German speaking friends.

• reaction_title_1 1

Please note that I am in the process of moving this to the main beyond skyrim page and will update it further from there.

http://www.darkcreations.org/beyond-skyrim/level-design-complete-assumes-no-experience

And there it is, any additions to this tutorial will be done there. I will update this thread when that happens.

Edited by Spectral Dragon
important update.

Those are some nice tutorials! :D

Since I'm half German, I can help with the translation. If you need any additional help, let me know. And if all of those tutorials  are too much for you, I can also do a couple of tutorials on interiors. Or the basic scripts one.

Great work!

Edited by Paulibobo
Or the basic scripts one.

11 hours ago, SilverSurfer said:

So where is the rest of the tutorial? 

You should honestly be able to learn just fine from what's available. Even then, it's more about practicing things yourself and gaining the skills, rather than just following a tut step by step. Most of us here, are self taught. I myself learned the creation kit in just 2 weeks then applied to join. All i did was use youtube videos. So it's really up to how well you are at pulling sources of information. 

a hint: at the start of this tutorial it is suggested to check "undelete" with ts5edit for cleaning.
This means that everything you wanted to delete in the esm you are using, will be "undeleted in your esp".
Your esp does not have the permission to directly delete things in an esp (this could mess up things for your teammates at merge later).
So, what your esp does is, it flags an esm record as "deleted". And that flagged record will be deleted during merge, as it is assumed,
that during merge you check conflicts with tools like TS5Edit and manually decide which things can be thrown away and which are needed.
So, if people overhaul for example a mountain range that was previously only a rough layouting template, a sketch for LOD,
they will be forced to delete objects of the recent esm used, and my that, automatically using "undelete" when cleaning their esp before sending
would annihilate their efforts. Or in other words: everything you tried to delete in the esp from the esm would return,
and you would have 2 mountain ranges stacked into each other at once.