Markus Liberty

Hi everyone!

Spectral Dragon directed me here from the recruitment forums.

I have a background in graphic design, but in 2007 I moved into the games industry and never looked back :) I am a CG generalist, but my strong points are in 3D modelling, texturing and 2D painting. I have limited experience with mods (mostly Fallout New Vegas) so I'm really hoping to learn a lot. Here is a tiny snippet of my work. I was tempted to try to join this project since I love Skyrim and although I love my job doing games and assets, this might help me learn more and get out of my comfort zone. Also the thought of creating something slowly and taking your time is a rare treat.

3D: Blender, Zbrush

2D: Photoshop, Painter

I enjoy making small props (especially FOOD items) and concept art, but I am open to anything. Hopefully you could help me on how to proceed and get to work as soon as possible.

Thanks!

• reaction_title_1 6

I am a university student and aspiring 3D modeller for game development. I would like to join the team because I love TES but also because this way I can create some portfolio pieces that will also be used for something. You can check some of my previous work here: https://danielperes.artstation.com

Also I am focused in 3D Modeling and texturing. I mainly use 3Ds Max, Maya, ZBrush and photoshop

Edited by nukakola7
  • reaction_title_1 2

I am a university student and aspiring 3D modeller for game development. I would like to join the team because I love TES but also because this way I can create some portfolio pieces that will also be used for something. You can check some of my previous work here: https://danielperes.artstation.com

Also I am focused in 3D Modeling and texturing. I mainly use 3Ds Max, Maya, ZBrush and photoshop

A fellow Portuguese artist, welcome!

• reaction_title_1 1

A fellow Portuguese artist, welcome!

Thanks, glado to see some portuguese folks around eheh :) not sure if this is were I am suppose to assign the team but I'll just wait and see 

You can wait until a team leader contact you, but the easiest way is to declare your interest in a specific region or browse for some concepts need modeling. Do you prefer working on a specific region or do you rather model armors, weapons, clutter, buildings, creatures...? 

You can wait until a team leader contact you, but the easiest way is to declare your interest in a specific region or browse for some concepts need modeling. Do you prefer working on a specific region or do you rather model armors, weapons, clutter, buildings, creatures...? 

I also have a "problem" with my time management because with university I have a lot os projects and time consumed but I will manage to dedicate some of that time to this project. About what I want to do I am not sure, can I do a bit of both things? Like modeling for a specific region and sometimes model weapons, armors, clutters and buildings? (humanoids and creatures is really not my thing, unfortunately)

I also have a "problem" with my time management because with university I have a lot os projects and time consumed but I will manage to dedicate some of that time to this project. About what I want to do I am not sure, can I do a bit of both things? Like modeling for a specific region and sometimes model weapons, armors, clutters and buildings? (humanoids and creatures is really not my thing, unfortunately)

We'll talk by PM :)

Hey Markus, hey everyone at Beyond Skyrim. I'm Martynas and I'd love to join your project. I've been working with Photoshop for 7 years, been creating maps, photomanipulation and retouching work. I'm completely new on this forum, pretty much clueless as to where to begin, but luckily I've found this thread. Here's some of my older work, mostly Elder Scrolls-related: http://dwarfchieftain.deviantart.com/gallery/43053994/Maps

• reaction_title_1 2

Hello DwarfCheiftain! And welcome to the forum!

I have seen some of your maps before, actually. I know that one of the modders here on DC have that Tamriel map of yours printed out and hanging on his wall, it's a great piece of work for sure!

We got several projects here on Beyond Skyrim, anyone in particular you're interested in working on? And what type of game arts do you think you will be best working on?

Edited by Markus Liberty

Hello DwarfCheiftain! And welcome to the forum!

I have seen some of your maps before, actually. I know that one of the modders here on DC have that Tamriel map of yours printed out and hanging on his wall, it's a great piece of work for sure!

We got several projects here on Beyond Skyrim, anyone in particular you're interested in working on? And what type of game arts do you think you will be best working on?

Cartography, mainly fantasy regional maps, are my priority,  but I'm getting better at drawing various details, objects, symbols etc. 

I am a recent graduate who is looking to join the team here. I was informed I should post within Atronach form to display the work I have done. Due to my inexperience with out of college work, all examples I can give right now are classroom related work. None of it can be directly applied here, but this gives a small example of what I can do with minimal education and no prior experience.

3D Modeling class I was requested to create a room based off a photograph. This photo's original location is unknown to me now, but this is the results of that assignment:

Ejwp8Z.jpg

The final assignment is here. If it is not fully understood, this is inspired by the SnowSpeeder of Star Wars. The instructor was a big Star Wars fan, so I catered to him a little. The base, lighting and background was not my placement, and the textures are generic textures:

I742Fc.jpg

Within Textures, midterm required me to take an existing model of a room and texture it. There was a need for the room to appear new, then old. Lighting and model was not done by myself, just the textures.

New Room:

cShbGI.jpg

Old Room:

dyoY4r.jpg

The final was an extension of what I did in 3D modeling. I took that SnowSpeeder, textured it more for it's original story purpose (forest camo instead of snow camo), and added the lighting and background models and textures:

6ETDMY.jpg

All of these projects used 3DS Max and Photoshop to create. I am currently attempting to learn Gimp, Paint.Net, Inkscape and Blender instead of the big software titans. This makes it more manageable for me as an independent developer. My original introduction topic is found here:

http://www.darkcreations.org/forums/topic/9426-recent-grad-willing-to-help-rm/

I hope something here sparks an interest. In the mean time I will be working on projects and learning so to contribute more here when the time arises.

• reaction_title_1 5

​That last snow speeder looks amazing.

​Thank you, that one is the prize of my work, the last assignment after all of my artistic classes I had. Which is not that many due to the degrees were based on the coding, with just a splash of art to allow me to go independent.

• reaction_title_1 1

The 3DS Max 2014 nif plugin is slightly easier to use for static objects. The latest Blender plugin is good, adding features constantly and has a few that the Max plugin doesn't however. Converting to/from this file format is the biggest handicap you'll find in relation to Skyrim model work besides the completely undocumented support for custom animation/skeleton files. The short list of people that know how to make custom skeletons in Skyrim aren't sharing the info with the rest of us.

• reaction_title_1 1