Markus Liberty

The 3DS Max 2014 nif plugin is slightly easier to use for static objects. The latest Blender plugin is good, adding features constantly and has a few that the Max plugin doesn't however. Converting to/from this file format is the biggest handicap you'll find in relation to Skyrim model work besides the completely undocumented support for custom animation/skeleton files. The short list of people that know how to make custom skeletons in Skyrim aren't sharing the info with the rest of us.

​That is a shame that those with the knowledge does not share the knowledge. I understand sometimes it is just a hassle to put together just a document to explain how to do things, let alone to teach someone else. From what little research I have done a few years ago, I was under the understanding that Blender was better supported by the modding community due to its availability. I wish my school used Blender instead of 3DS Max. The latter is excellent for joining with established bigger companies, but most independent and start-ups are unable to afford such an expensive package. Thank you for the info about the Max plugin.

Hey guys looking to freelance for any group that might need me. Currently in art school for concept art so thats my main focus. Particularly environment stuff. Though I mainly work in 2D I have a bit of 3D experience as well. I can work Zbrush pretty ok and have a working version of it. Texturing experience also. Pretty much anything you think I could help with let me know.

• reaction_title_1 1

Hey guys looking to freelance for any group that might need me. Currently in art school for concept art so thats my main focus. Particularly environment stuff. Though I mainly work in 2D I have a bit of 3D experience as well. I can work Zbrush pretty ok and have a working version of it. Texturing experience also. Pretty much anything you think I could help with let me know.

Welcome! I'm sure your skills will be in demand, particularly 3D & texturing. 

Get the man something to do folks!

I would like to apply to the modeling, possibly texturing, part of the Beyond Skyrim Project. I was pointed to here for signup and I have some work to show. It's not much because I'm a bit of a beginner, but here it is.

Here's the the base model. 

sword_finished_product.thumb.png.1051630 

This is the colored version. I just UV unwrapped it and colored it in.

sword_finished_productCOLORED.thumb.png.

I will help with anything that I can.

- Bow Ties

Edited by BowTiesAreCool2
GrammarNazi
  • reaction_title_1 1

Suran is right, we need clutter. what we are particularly looking for is noble furnitures, so any artwork of that is most welcomed.

What might noble furniture look like? Any sort of concept art or reference images?

Hi there everyone. 

I was contacted by Mattiewagg a while ago on the Nexus about Beyond Skyrim and the modelling department. I didn't feel up to dedicating myself to a project at that time, but now that things are quieter for me, I think I can finally help out. 

This is my most recent sword for Skyrim:

cf1b03614f.jpg

This one was rather exotic by my standards - generally I prefer simplistic, practical longswords - but at least you can get a feel for my style with that image. Some of my other work can be found at my Nexus Profile

I can create weapons and clutter (prefer weapons). I've attempted armour modelling in Skyrim, but it drove me insane when I tried to get it in-game, so I'm not confident with that. Oblivion armour was fine, but Skyrim? Nope. 

Preferably, I would like to work on the project nearest to completion (I've worked on other projects in the past that still aren't available, and that diminished my spirit). I had a little look around and couldn't really determine which one that was, but I get the impression that it's Bruma. I'm also a massive fan of Morrowind so I'd also like to help out with that. 

Also, just so you know, I'm admittedly rather sporadic when it comes to motivation. Some days I just power through 3DS Max making things left and right, and other days I can't even look at the icon. Just a little heads-up (another reason why I usually avoid projects - I don't like letting people down with my unforeseeable bouts of partial inactivity). 

Anyway, let me know what the go is. :D 

EDIT: Also, I would like to release the things I make here as standalone mods on the Nexus. Is that alright? :) 

Edited by Billyro
  • reaction_title_1 3

Hi there everyone. 

I was contacted by Mattiewagg a while ago on the Nexus about Beyond Skyrim and the modelling department. I didn't feel up to dedicating myself to a project at that time, but now that things are quieter for me, I think I can finally help out. 

This is my most recent sword for Skyrim:

Hidden Content

This one was rather exotic by my standards - generally I prefer simplistic, practical longswords - but at least you can get a feel for my style with that image. Some of my other work can be found at my Nexus Profile

I can create weapons and clutter (prefer weapons). I've attempted armour modelling in Skyrim, but it drove me insane when I tried to get it in-game, so I'm not confident with that. Oblivion armour was fine, but Skyrim? Nope. 

Preferably, I would like to work on the project nearest to completion (I've worked on other projects in the past that still aren't available, and that diminished my spirit). I had a little look around and couldn't really determine which one that was, but I get the impression that it's Bruma. I'm also a massive fan of Morrowind so I'd also like to help out with that. 

Also, just so you know, I'm admittedly rather sporadic when it comes to motivation. Some days I just power through 3DS Max making things left and right, and other days I can't even look at the icon. Just a little heads-up (another reason why I usually avoid projects - I don't like letting people down with my unforeseeable bouts of partial inactivity). 

Anyway, let me know what the go is. :D 

EDIT: Also, I would like to release the things I make here as standalone mods on the Nexus. Is that alright? :) 

Lovely to see you here, Billy. :D I'm not in the arts department so I can't help you with EVERYTHING, but:

- Cyrodiil is probably closest to completion overall. Iliac Bay (specifically High Rock, I'm not sure about Hammerfell) is closest to completion for landscaping.
- Lucky for you, there are always plenty of weapons to make, and most of them don't have to be done BOOM (I imagine) since we can just use placeholders and replace later.
- For things you make here as standalone on the Nexus - Markus sometimes releases architecture he makes as a resource on the Nexus, but not all of it, and some of it he's waiting on til Bruma release. So... I'm not sure. A lot of it is just trying not to reveal a ton of the stuff that's going to happen - but at the same time, wanting to release some of what you're doing is totally understandable. On this one, I'm not certain - I'll let Markus or someone else answer.

Markus DID just go on vacation for a little, but I assume he'll answer more when he gets back or something.

• reaction_title_1 1

Thanks for the expansive response, Mattiewagg. :D 

How do I find out about weapons that need to be made? Do I just... start making them? Or are there lists of all the weapons that need to be made (which also states the completed ones)? 

And I shall await Markus' return so that I can be certain. :) 

• reaction_title_1 2

Thanks for the expansive response, Mattiewagg. :D 

How do I find out about weapons that need to be made? Do I just... start making them? Or are there lists of all the weapons that need to be made (which also states the completed ones)? 

And I shall await Markus' return so that I can be certain. :) 

Markus will give out claims (assignments) I'm fairly certain. That's how it works in other departments. It's basically just "hey, here's what you'll be making, some background, and (if existing) concept art, have fun".

Edited by Mattiewagg

Heya Billyro! Welcome over here, we can definitly use some backup xD I like your style, I guess it will fit pretty good in our overall graphics style. xD
Ive still got several weapon concept arts that are untouched :D 

Just have a look. There are two sheets of unique weapons, none of them have been modelled, except Aranedaen.
If you need them in a higher resolution, just tell me.

Heya Billyro! Welcome over here, we can definitly use some backup xD I like your style, I guess it will fit pretty good in our overall graphics style. xD
Ive still got several weapon concept arts that are untouched :D 

Just have a look. There are two sheets of unique weapons, none of them have been modelled, except Aranedaen.
If you need them in a higher resolution, just tell me.

:O Yes I want more uniques.