anthelius

[Wip] The republic of Maslea

masleawip-4a61d36.jpg

hi there : ) I'd like to finally present a mod I've been working on for a few months.
This is a new worldspace containing an island (yes, another one^^) located in the padomaic ocean and conquered by a scission of the alessian order during the first era. It is now organized as an oligarchic republic, ruling a large oceanic empire with its powerful fleet. The player will be able to visit a huge city, inspired by Italian Renaissance, and the rest of the island covered with jungle. There will be plenty of new enemies, factions, architecture, books etc... 

Pictures below. A lot of things (meshes, lod...) are still wip, it's not a final product. Feel free to give any feedback : )

Edit: prologue now released : )  http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68091/?

masleawip-487c9f5.jpg
masleawip-487ca00.jpg
masleawip-487ca06.jpg
masleawip-487ca16.jpg

masleawip-4899aee.jpg

masleawip-487ca7e.jpg
00maslea-47846ee.jpg
00maslea-47846f2.jpg
masleawip-4a17c41.jpg
00maslea-4784707.jpg
00maslea-47ed6c8.jpg
00maslea-47ed6b5.jpg

maslea-4afd980.jpg

Edited by anthelius
  • reaction_title_1 17
  • Like 1

Thanks for the positive feedback, this is really motivating : )

By the way, I've already done a lot of seraches but if you know some lore about the early alessian order, the maromers (or other wild elves from pyandonnea, cathnoquey, esroniet...) or the banking system and the money creation in tamriel please tell me : ) (I'm also interested by the lore added by beyond skyrim).

If you go by the obscure lore aka developer texts, there are Chimer (non-cursed dunmer) living in the Padomaic archipelago and Men of Keptu (a nedic Bull-worshipping race). Wasabi seems to be grown on those islands. Then there's the Echmer, a bat-like beastfolk that lives on the island of Yneslea. Maormer are more due south of Tamriel, but I guess they could do some pirating in the Padomaic too.

Edited by viltuska
  • reaction_title_1 5

Yes, I've read the text from MK but it's indeed very obscure (especially for a non native english speaker). I won't copy paste the lore form the other islands but some parts will obviously be simillar because the regional context is the same ( depends on the map, because no one seems to actually know the exact location of those isles). I'll follow with much attention your progress on those islands anyway : )

I think MK's writing is a good base, he's just a writer than tends to focus on more of obscure and surrealist details of the lore. Since it's an off-game piece of writing, you can really pick and choose which parts work the best in regards to your mod.

• reaction_title_1 1

Thanks everyone : ). I won't release an incomplete version, but I'll probably release a "prolog" with the quest to go from skyrim to Maslea and a small part of the map (basically the little island you see in the last shots). The main city will probably not be finished soon.

• reaction_title_1 1