Morrowind Recruitment Thread

259 posts in this topic

Posted

BSMorrowindBanner.png.488d7dfb0364af1aa8

Morrowind needs a lot of help! If you want to work with us please read the guidelines below and then make a post here.

Guidelines for posting:

1. Please add what you want to do and a few examples of your work.
  2. Please do not post here requesting help for your own personal project.
  3. We are not Skywind. We have never been or ever will be rebuilding TES:III
  4. Do not use profane language in your post please.
  5. Expect a reply soon, but not right away.
  6. Last but not least, do not reply in a negative way to any post here.

Note: We are going to keep this recruitment topic clean so it stays easy to manage for Leads.

We are currently looking for:

1. Modelers
  2. Level Designers
  3. Scripters
  4. Sound Designers
  5. Composers
  6. Implementers (people who hook things up/set things up in the creation kit)
  7. Weather Modders

(Feel free to apply for anything below through, even if it isn't exactly one of these roles)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Hey guys. I would very much like to join this project. I'm guessing you guys have already seen examples of my work?

Yeah, sure, fire away! By the way, it was just something small I rustled up, and it isn't really in a journal-esque style, it's just to show I can write.

Oh, and thanks to letting me join up! Really looking forwards to it! :)

Edited by Spectral Dragon
1 person likes this

Posted

Hey, I was wondering if I could help with some writing? I'm happy to do any dialogues, or quest planning. There's something short I've written here : if further stuff is needed, you can ask BlackEagle78. I helped him with some dialogues for Roscrea, and he supported me in writing for Hammerfell, but there isn't much room for writers there. Morrowind is my favourite TES game, and I would love to be able to help out with stuff here. Thanks!

1 person likes this

Posted

<snip>

You sure can.  Welcome aboard.  Sorry for the late reply btw.  Would you mind if I made some suggestions about your submission?

Posted

Hey, I was wondering if I could help with some writing? I'm happy to do any dialogues, or quest planning. There's something short I've written here : if further stuff is needed, you can ask BlackEagle78. I helped him with some dialogues for Roscrea, and he supported me in writing for Hammerfell, but there isn't much room for writers there. Morrowind is my favourite TES game, and I would love to be able to help out with stuff here. Thanks!

Welcome to the team, Moon and Star! I, too, am a new writer to the team, and I know you'll love it here.

I am looking forward to working with you, and please do not tap the glass when the monkeys are at work :P

Posted

Hey im looking to possibly join the Morrowind team. Im not exactly sure what you would be needing, but to my post in the main recruitment thread. 

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

Hey im looking to possibly join the Morrowind team. Im not exactly sure what you would be needing, but to my post in the main recruitment thread. 

We are happy to have you! I would also post in the Atronoch Forge to say hello as that is where our modellers tend to hang out.

EDIT: you should also make an account at gitlab: http://gitlab.darkcreations.org/This is how we merge work into our mod and is where your files will be going.

As well, you should sign up for redmine: http://gitlab.darkcreations.org/

PM me or Jack with your signup information and we will get you added to these.

Posted

Hi there I am wondering if I can join?

Experience is nil, other than having played TES III from top to bottom.

I would like to learn how to help create the province of Morrowind.

Posted (edited)

Hi there I am wondering if I can join?

Experience is nil, other than having played TES III from top to bottom.

I would like to learn how to help create the province of Morrowind.

Welcome to the Morrowind forums! One question (even through you stated you have no experience), is there anything at all you have to show us that you may have done before? Maybe a model? Some landscaping? Even something as simple as a story you have written. We need something to see from you as to show us what you have to offer to this team.

Edited by Jack

Posted

That's a bit difficult I'm therms of computer modding. I have modded a WW2 game but that was all in code. HOI 3, hope you guys know that.

I have used creation kit, but that's not really me doing any models.

Sorry I get the feeling I as much use as a chocolate fire guard?

Posted (edited)

That's a bit difficult I'm therms of computer modding. I have modded a WW2 game but that was all in code. HOI 3, hope you guys know that.

I have used creation kit, but that's not really me doing any models.

Sorry I get the feeling I as much use as a chocolate fire guard?

Chocolate and fire don't mix in my experience :P

If you have no experience with the creation kit Beyond Skyrim has a school here: http://www.darkcreations.org/forums/forum/928-level-design/

We can get you taught, and since I am the leader of both the Arcane University and a co-lead here in Morrowind, I can fast track you into the team if this is the route you want to go.

Posted (edited)

Hey, Morrowind Team! I am FenderFinger! I am a concept artist currently working on BS: HF. Specifically, I have been actively working on Dwemer Lore and as well as Armor and Weapons. Spectral Dragon has said that both the Morrowind and Hammerfell teams should develop them together. I am all over the idea. I am also wanting to work on Morrowind as well. Dark Elves have always been interesting to me and Morrowind was the first game I played in the series. So I'd love to help develop the homeland of my favorite group of grumpy xenophobic grey skinned elves. 

Also if you want to see any thing I have done you can go over to Hammerfell and surf around the art section or I have provided a link to my imgur account were I pretty much have all my drawings posted. 

Edit: Completely forgot the link: 

Dwemer Art: http://imgur.com/a/0bLxN

Redguard Sketches: http://imgur.com/a/T0gjE

My Portfolio when first joining the Hammerfell team: http://imgur.com/a/df2Ve

Edited by FenderFinger
2 people like this

Posted

Hey, Morrowind Team! I am FenderFinger! I am a concept artist currently working on BS: HF. Specifically, I have been actively working on Dwemer Lore and as well as Armor and Weapons. Spectral Dragon has said that both the Morrowind and Hammerfell teams should develop them together. I am all over the idea. I am also wanting to work on Morrowind as well. Dark Elves have always been interesting to me and Morrowind was the first game I played in the series. So I'd love to help develop the homeland of my favorite group of grumpy xenophobic grey skinned elves. 

Also if you want to see any thing I have done you can go over to Hammerfell and surf around the art section or I have provided a link to my imgur account were I pretty much have all my drawings posted. 

Edit: Completely forgot the link: 

Dwemer Art: http://imgur.com/a/0bLxN

Redguard Sketches: http://imgur.com/a/T0gjE

My Portfolio when first joining the Hammerfell team: http://imgur.com/a/df2Ve

Welcome aboard! Adding you shortly.

2 people like this

Posted

FenderFinger has been doing sterling concept work for us over in HF. Give him back :)

3 people like this

Posted

FenderFinger has been doing sterling concept work for us over in HF. Give him back :)

Sorry mate, we will only only borrow him on thursdays I promise.

Posted

Joseph Crowell has requested I be added to Morrowind:

Could you make a post on the recruitment thread requesting to be re-added to Morrowind?  Just post there so one of the leads will be more likely to see it. You don't need to put up any work examples. We already know what you can do.  ;)

Original post can be found

I'm not wholly sure where his confidence comes from, but it's appreciated nonetheless. I look forward to working with Morrowind in the future. My current proposals include furthering my work on texts from previous games, and the development of a universal Divine Intervention system; both of which are continent spanning ideas, but I'd hope to see Divine Intervention found in Morrowind for nostalgia purposes.

2 people like this

Posted

Joseph Crowell has requested I be added to Morrowind:

Could you make a post on the recruitment thread requesting to be re-added to Morrowind?  Just post there so one of the leads will be more likely to see it. You don't need to put up any work examples. We already know what you can do.  ;)

Original post can be found

I'm not wholly sure where his confidence comes from, but it's appreciated nonetheless. I look forward to working with Morrowind in the future. My current proposals include furthering my work on texts from previous games, and the development of a universal Divine Intervention system; both of which are continent spanning ideas, but I'd hope to see Divine Intervention found in Morrowind for nostalgia purposes.

I was actually going to pm you myself after seeing you were back, re-adding you now.

Posted

Hey im new to modding and have only made a single mod called 'Races of Nirn' and a few NPCs that aren't published, id like to help make this mod. I am a expert on TES lore and especially good at Dunmer lore as well as basic modding skills as written above.