Spectral Dragon

Student Application Thread (level design.)

OK here we go

• Nothing special, I've altered some gear stats/looks, created my own weapon, watched a lot of tutorials and done some random stuff.
  • Anything I can help at, really, but dungeons and interiors would be my first pick.
  • The forum thread's alright, I got Skype too, if it's better that way.
  • Anywhere that's in devellopment, I don't mind, I just want to get going.
  • I want to help out, since mods are what made my game perfect, and this mod is like the mother of all mods. Looking for something to do, really...
Edited by Paulibobo

It's me, from the High Rock recruitment thread.

1. I've learned most of what the Bethesda tutorials show but haven't gotten into lighting or npc/enemy pathing and scripting yet.

2. Mostly dungeons, maybe some interiors.  Landscaping would be cool, but I'm not sure if I have the right mind for that.

3. Through the forum's just fine.

4. For now High Rock, although if Cyrodiil is using the Oblivion dungeons I'd actually enjoy converting and improving set layouts.

5. At first I was over at the Skywind site but they seem to have their dungeon work almost finished, so I looked around and found what looks like something a lot more interesting to contribute to.

• reaction_title_1 2

How much experience do you have in the Creation Kit? (This is to gauge what we need to teach not to judge.)
I've messed with weapon and armor stats. made a small island in the Creation Kit, although now that I think of it, small pointy thing coming out of the sea might be a better name.
What are you interested in doing, landscape, Dungeons, Interiors, all?
I'm pretty interested in Interiors and Exteriors oops, I meant Landscaping.

What kinds of tools do you want to learn from? By default we use a forum thread but Skype might be an option for some teachers.
Forum thread sounds fine.
What provinces are you interested in working in?
Cyrodiil and High Rock, mainly.

Edited by CatofMeow
  • reaction_title_1 1

1. I have no experience in it at all. I'm totally new to it.

2. I want to do everything.

3. Skype is fine, so is a forum thread.

4. Any of them.

Edited by Panja
  • reaction_title_1 2

@Sonemer - I could teach you landscaping if you would like. I know how to do interior and cave work, but I cant really teach for that because I have never actually finished an interior or cave work

@Panja -  Your student thread has been created It may seem like a lot of reading at first, but if you have any questions please ask. The video linked in the thread is the most helpful to get you started.

1- Experience: I've been working with the creation kit for a week, i can do basic level design, but nothing more. (I've done a nord ruins with its quest and now i'm working on a fort)

2- Interests: I want to help with the dungeons, interiors or landscaping. I also want to learn something about quest develop.

3- I don't mind.

4- Cyrodiil. Hammerfell. Even Morrowind.

5- English is not my mother language, even if i can deffend myself pretty well. 

- Thanks to the studies i cannot talk by skype during the week, but i can type and work without any problem.

-A bit about me: I'm a spanish technological sciences student. I am 17, and my birthday is the 21 of February. I like roleplay games such as TES, Fallot, DA, Dragon Quest... I also like sandbox games, such as GTA (The PS2 Gen). I also LOVE beer, nothing better than drink a Alhambra Special Edition after a hard day. 

Please, help me :P

Edited by SrDante

1. How much experience do you have in the Creation Kit?

(None) I am new here and want to learn, but i don't know what all be good at. I have a alot of free time.

2. What are you interested in doing, landscape, Dungeons, Interiors, all?

I would like to learn all, i have all the dlc to skyrim

3. What kinds of tools do you want to learn from? By default we use a forum thread but Skype might be an option for some teachers.

I can get Skype if i need it,  forums if possible.

4. What provinces are you interested in working in?
  5. I'd be happy anywhere.
  6. I play skyrim all the time and don't get bored of it. 
  7. time does fly by lol
Edited by rybar41

@SrDante - I could help teach you. If you already know the basics, the best way to teach you then would be to tell me what kind of area you would like to develop, try a little bit of it, and I can give you feedback on how to make improvements. I am not sure if this is your learning style though.

@rybar41 - I have 3 student threads open, if you can follow one from another student, and show me your progress (It doesnt have to be much, it could even be an island of nothing) I will add you as a student. The reason being is I have accepted students, but I havent gotten responses from them after I created their own threads. So if you could go to the student click on one of them created by me, ( all of them are the same information just a copy and paste), then I will gladly accept you as a student :) You can show me your progress via private message. Thanks

• reaction_title_1 1

ok thanks Alois all copy the info from one of the student. all read what you put up then if i have any question all ask you. like i said i have a lot of free time. i dont know what will be the easy one to learn first. im in central time.. 

1.) I have no skill whatsoever.

2.) I am very interested in doing as much as i possilby can.

3.) I personally do not mind. I have skype and my skype is on my profile. So whatever is good.

4.) Cyrodiil, Morrowind, or Elsweyr.

5.) I have been playing skyrim modded for quite some time now. As well as modded Oblivion. Whenever i play i am more interested in the ability to travel to the other provinces. I use Nexus Mod manager. In the last few hours i was messing around with my mods and was looking for some good mods for other provinces. Through my search i found this site and read up a bit on the project (yes only a bit for now lol it's 5am right now i havent read everything yet but will get around to it). I saw this part of the forums and thought i could try and learn and then help contribute. I think it would be awesome to be apart of this project. I have quite a large amount of free time on my hands for the next few months. I can learn fast and i am willing to dedicate myself to this project if i can recieve proper teachings.

Edited by DarkOdin

As soon as i start my Creation Kit it loads up some things then it says "Creation Kit has stopped working windows is checking for a solution"...and then it doesnt find one and just says to close it out. I have no Idea what is wrong with it.

check steam cache>reinstall CK>reinstall skyrim>reinstall CK and if none of those work I have no idea. Have you looked up your problem?

Yes i've spent extensive hours looking up my problem yet all answer are not the answer i need. Also i do not have Skyrim or CK through steam or a disc. I got my copies elsewhere. i have Skyri with full DLC's and i have CK 1.8 version because i heard 1.9 is in beta and is really buggy.

There's your issue. It doesn't work for pirates. Sorry. Buy the game - it's not that expensive anymore.

Edited by Matthiaswagg