Show us what you're working on!

2147 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'm married, but oh gee, oh boy, would I ever like to propose to you right now. I'm the Creative Director & Project Lead on Elsweyr — that's a fantastic start on turning some of our beautiful concept art into reality, look out for a PM link to Elsweyr's Discord, pal.

Oh how exciting! I certainly planned on joining up, but figured I'd need a few more models to show before I did that. That cloud of dust on the horizon is me approaching at light speed.

And I dare say this is my face right now:

E8abY.gif

Edited by Munnin_Crow
3 people like this

Posted

Wait is the adamant the pearl or gold looking part? I thought it was black?

Posted

Based on the lore, Adamantite is a lustrous gray or green, so the pearlescant material in the center is the Adamantium. Morrowind had adamantium armor that looked and shined like steel, being gray, and even Direnni Tower is made of Adamantium, and appears gray or white.

Posted

alaska_autumn_tundra_attempt_by_andrekos

Recently been working on another big overhaul of Skyrim's tundra environment for Skyrim Flora Overhaul. One of my biggest issues with TES is that their art team has seemed terrified of embracing their own environmental lore ever since Morrowind, too afraid to try and create their own unique look, and instead has been striving to emulate The Lord of the Rings even when it conflicts with their own lore. We all know how that affected Cyrodiil with the jungle retcon, but it also heavily affected Whiterun and its surrounding tundra in Skyrim. Instead of creating a beautifully unique autumn tundra setting in a realistic manner, they chose to ignore the season and the environmental lore in favour of recreating Rohan <_< It's doubly confusing when you consider Morrowind is still so popular and beloved to this day in large part because it was bold enough to create its own visual identity and embrace unique environment design, rather than leaning on standard fantasy visual keys. Hopefully that changes with TES6, but until then, at least we can mod!

Because this departs so heavily from the vanilla design, SFO's tundra has always been divisive. Even though Bethesda's "tundra" is wildly inaccurate a lot of people have come to love the Rohan look, so this won't appeal to everyone.

Autumn tundra in real life and reference images I used:

21358377.jpgcaribou24.jpgBearberrytundra-web.jpg

Screenshots of the new tundra design and core ground texture (bearberry):

35868567150_b514bc268f_o.jpg35868581960_47512d554d_o.jpg35458437113_eaa6ec880e_o.jpg35868574170_86153f7982_o.jpg

Additional upcoming SFO textures:

30986273514_4c2caa24b6_o.jpg31087161295_4ba7b5c30d_o.png30852121721_34c4d4b3b9_o.png30904496336_e3d4b482b0_o.png

All my flora textures are environmentally accurate and (hopefully!) enhance art direction within each region by adding splashes of appropriate colour. If the Beyond Skyrim team needs any flora textures then please send me a PM and I'll be happy to help out :)

5 people like this

Posted

More progress:

ManorWIP2.PNG

1 person likes this

Posted

And yet more progress:

ManorWIP3.PNG

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

some new stuff :)

SEA DREUGHS

vIlaEIY.jpg

lQwG9UR.jpg

p702bu0.jpg

smA1aGp.jpg

KqfYy4H.jpg

I RELEASED A TOTAL NEW UPDATE

FOR THE GRAVELORDS

2DHUO9i.jpg

v2ReD6x.jpg

VvadIDO.jpg

bzuWVnn.jpg

WLdGGM8.jpg

AND ALSO FOR HARVESTER

RCORiT6.jpg

77IGmB1.jpg

qqRwUDM.jpg

ANCIENT NORDIC SENTINEL (a foundation stone

atronach made by pieces of ancient nordic architecture)

AXPWSlA.jpg

Centaurs (common, hunter, forsworn,

leggionaire, commander and legate)
FULLY FUNCTIONAL 

N2tuCbc.jpg

MKWzeG2.jpg

5vB9ll2.jpg

pgAR8oY.jpg

Ejlllxw.jpg

and a new update for my Dwarven Colossus

0Z64ium.jpg

ALSO FOR THE MINOTAURS

3cPAoFc.jpg

BONE COLOSSUS (they are 4 variants, see the video, i only have SS of 2)

j6kUDeH.jpg

zYaYfok.jpg

FLESH ATRONACH (common shivering isles variants based on early art concepts )

and FLESH KEEPERS (gatekeeper variants based on early art concepts)

made from Relmyna Verenim flesh magic

W8ucsQD.png

0DuzATJ.jpg

yfVbkag.jpg

QJqvuoq.jpg

OvYq4gt.jpg

j5GPCDl.jpg

SOME WITCHER BASED VAMPIRE BEASTS

Sz2DB3u.jpg

67FTFEJ.jpg

ifmxFRs.jpg

sgBIeTl.jpg

b1MJ9NK.jpg

LURCHERS AND BRIARHEART TREES

g2ZCfbd.jpg

9m2FDwY.jpg

zwfnMvy.jpg

VYpZ61F.jpg

EKMXXQx.jpg

vqWzoUj.jpg

9sPGkXL.jpg

Edited by MihailMods
11 people like this

Posted

Haven't had much time to work on anything the last week. Anyway I've knocked out one of the Gladii which has a hilt carved out of a single piece of wood which is accurate to the reference.

G7exfTB.pngX7GuNJ1.png

7 people like this

Posted

More progress:

ManorWIP4.PNG

5 people like this

Posted

And yet more:

ManorWIP5.PNG

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Haven't had much time to work on anything the last week. Anyway I've knocked out one of the Gladii which has a hilt carved out of a single piece of wood which is accurate to the reference.

All your roman swords look really awesome, do you plan on modeling a rudis?   That's a wooden sword gladiators are given after they gain their freedom with some sort of carvings that signify their victories or something similar.   I ask because the styling of the sword is very similar to ones you've already made and it should mostly just be a new texture to your wooden ones with maybe a fancier handle.  I'm not too sure about the lore around the arena in elder scrolls and if a lot of the fighters are slaves or not and thus would earn a rudis, and I also get that you guys are given tasks to model (assuming these are for beyond skyrim). But it would super cool to have ingame

Rudis-sword.png

Edited by Brendan

Posted

Bloody hell man, that's beyond beautiful. I would literally pay thousands for a real life version of that to put on display in my home. No joke.

Posted (edited)

If you are interested in lore friendly books, I have been working on developing Feiroon for about five years. If you don't know, Feiroon is the large continent sized island to the west of Roscrea. The lore is mostly from Morrowind with some lore from other in game books. I have written about fifty books that I would be happy to give to this project to fill book shelves. Feiroon translates to "Fey Red." It is the island inhabited by the Red Fairies and other fairies who are know in Hammerfel for their notorious activities. They also associate with the darker daedra having chosen to remain in Nirn as immortals.

I am retired, but once wrote seasons 2 and 3 of MacGyver. Editor of "The Eye of Harmony" an old publication of the California Official Dr. Who fan club. I am currently writing a "Cherokee World History" based on old Cherokee stories. Professionally I have PhDs in Biology and Mathematics and worked for DARPA and the EPA.

I have an example, which I hope is available, on Steam: Temple of Fey.

This is an expanded version of the Temple of Fey and the Dagoth faction from Morrowind. There is a trough of books in the temple that tell all the extensive lore of the Fey extracted from all Elder Scrolls games. It is strictly lore friendly. The only things not taken straight out of the games are the fey themselves and the two statues in the temple.

Edited by Cryzeteur
1 person likes this

Posted

Howdy folks. After a fair amount of headbanging and frustration, I think I finally got to a point where I have my first finished asset. Still ain't to a point where I have it in the game or anything, but I'll be sure to take my crash course lesson into all that soon. Just a steel dagger for Morrowind, based on Jhzargo's concept art:
screen03.png?width=1202&height=676

7 people like this

Posted

Been working on 3d modeling in blender, and some stuff at skywind. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/132954544@N04/albums

also joined up again and will be doing some stuff for roscrea and will post more progress later. I always use my flickr So for those who used it and want to follow, ican if they feel like it.

1 person likes this