Show us what you're working on!

1984 posts in this topic

Posted

Bouncing from project to project, having no real direction... hehe ;) Goblin weapons next up! I got some work on the axe today. I still want to make the wood more rough, add a few more leather straps and generally clean it up. 

(Am I the only one digging that I managed to make feathers out of a cube within Zbrush in 30 seconds?..... Awesome!)

5T7TmJ.png

13 people like this

Posted

Good start Matth ! Maybe you'd like to model nails or something on the leather straps so the way it is wrapped on the wooden part would look solid ? The feathers are very cool as well ;)

Humiliation : You should go metal all the way, I see nothing else... leather perhaps ?

2 people like this

Posted

I was thinking about Liches and put together this Telvanni Lich:

uJgDDPd.jpg

The one thing I dislike is that the lich isn't wearing the Telvanni robe ;)

I ran into a issue. I cant decide what material the middle should be...Any ideas? 

Argonian silver or elvish mithril...

... but honestly, I'd go with steel.

Posted

I was thinking about Liches and put together this Telvanni Lich:

uJgDDPd.jpg

The one thing I dislike is that the lich isn't wearing the Telvanni robe ;)

I ran into a issue. I cant decide what material the middle should be...Any ideas? 

Argonian silver or elvish mithril...

... but honestly, I'd go with steel.

The Telvanni wear a variety of robes. Too many NPCs with the DB DLC robes would be too redundant for me imo

Posted (edited)

Can somebody help me out? I made a dark elf skeleton with some broken gah-julan bonemold armor but the body and shoulders are invisible. Its all rigged and everything is in the right slot, but it won't appear. Its appearing in the armor addon but not on the npc.

elvenskelly.zip

EDIT: NVM, I fixed it. I wasn't paying attention to what race I had selected in the CK.

Edited by GendunDrup
1 person likes this

Posted

glass greatsword number 2

5 people like this

Posted

While I know it's tempting, please try not to double post, especially not within a short amount of time. Or this thread is going to get very cluttered. Thanks.

I love that axe Matth, the primitive style is very sharming. Can't wait to see it in the hands of the globins :D

Posted (edited)

right, those goblin goodies say "goblin" like nothing else :) ... would it be an idea to "fudge up the textures" on full purpose? ... i mean, making it look like the "blade" part of the weapon to look like some scrap-armor or shield pieces?

i really gotta find out more about that drawing-design-guy...

Edited by Ragna_Rok

Posted

Contrasted specular for iron. Very contrasted for corroded iron. I should note that the gloss map really helps the shine for the render. It gives it the sharp shine you'd expect. I won't get the same in-game, sadly! But, hey. Here you go!

Quick rundown of the maps:

cM3PZs.png

And more specific, the specular map: 

4dBGdM.png

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

These are by hand :) I spent the majority of time getting the base metal texture. I will save it out as a preset!

The specular map is made from grayscaling the diffuse and changing levels/contrasts. 

The same goes for the gloss.

I haven't actually updated the normal map with surface details. So that'll add to the depth!

For unique models dDo is more of a waste on my part. 3Do, the renderer, is amazing though :> For bigger projects (like, you know, any future 9-weapon-in-a-set-sort of deal) I will make a preset, then use dDo to cut the texturing time by like 70%!

Also. You know the drill - new tab. Give it a minute. 100 images at 1920x1024 are loading up!

u4v3Zq.gif

Edited by Matth85
5 people like this

Posted (edited)

half a fudging day... 9 hours... *sigh*

i knew working on glass would suck the moment i noticed that even the regular meshes are fudged up like hell, the worst ive ever seen, and i even worked on carrots already and static rabbits .... *facepalm*

after hours of struggling, i managed to exchange the basic ideas of the first 2 greatswords and merge them into a special flavored line. usually this comes to really surprising results. like in this case. i love those :wub:

post-3856-0-03703700-1423521108_thumb.jp

edit: oh, and i will recolor those later as well as separate versions.

Edited by Ragna_Rok
4 people like this