Show us what you're working on!

2122 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

better?

edit: on a further note, before i go out... yeah, well those were the crabbiest weapons ive ever worked on. that glass-weapon guy made the worst job ever.. holes, seems, cheapshots everywhere. i tried to fix all that crab, and mostly i scored. still i hate glass-tier like no other one for now. tbh i spend more time fixing that guys crab than actually reshaping them... will be in update "Ragna-Rok's Weapons 16.0" soon, so if you cant still see them, just givem a swing ;)

edit 2: btw, the scaling isnt correct. its the only thing of skyrim ive ever encountered, i mean, where the scaling and positioning was sooooooo way off. i work with what i get, and in this case skyrim flipped me the bird :shrug:

edit 3: i mean THE ORIGINAL SCALING... not mine. i may suck at some parts of modding, but i work as precisely as i can. its damn impossible to me to adjust the white regular glass blades so that they resemble the originial in-game-shape. thx to more dirty edits in the nifs than ive ever seen before. sorry bout the inconvenience.

edit 4: did i mention that the glass stuff sucks more than anything else ive ever worked on skyrim-wise? im damn sure they were done before several other parts were made. just that regular damn greatsword, and how the blade clips the hands ... checked them all with and without gloves. i hate that beth-glass-guy.

Edited by Ragna_Rok
1 person likes this

Posted

Better!

...though, on a serious note, this is one of the things I want to paint.  There's so much more that could be done with glass weapons.  Would you mind sending me the model/texture?  I'm not sure if I can make anything out of it, but I do want to try.

1 person likes this

Posted

Does Skyrim support model alpha mapping like Oblivion did? I remember one of LHammond's projects was a rework of the glass weapon and armor set so that the glass was actually translucent. He did have to model the 'interiors' of all models since otherwise there would be gaps under the transparent parts. 

Posted

Does Skyrim support model alpha mapping like Oblivion did? I remember one of LHammond's projects was a rework of the glass weapon and armor set so that the glass was actually translucent. He did have to model the 'interiors' of all models since otherwise there would be gaps under the transparent parts. 

Yes. That's how gems are done; Outer shell is transparant, inner shell is a strong color.

Anyways. The third era Kvatch armor WIP. A few more hours, and it should be ready to move on. Lovely! Another weekend incoming, another set of armor, huh? 

18bnaw.png

18 people like this

Posted

Anyways. The third era Kvatch armor WIP. A few more hours, and it should be ready to move on. Lovely! Another weekend incoming, another set of armor, huh? 

I'm curious - is there going to be a unique set for each city?  Or are they going to be variants of this set?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I'm curious - is there going to be a unique set for each city?  Or are they going to be variants of this set?

Originally it's just suppose to be the Kvatch third era armor, put on as a display. Lasur requested it, so he knows more. I don't actually need to make it an armor; But I figured I might as well.

I have done some changes to the orignal design, as it is weird. Chainmail boots? Fused metal plates onto the chainmail? No leather on the chainmail gloves? The heck?!

I take it each city get their own modernized armor at a later point. This is more a re-creation as an unique armor or a museum-like deal, I guess!

Edited by Matth85
3 people like this

Posted

It will be in OK shape, but will have a few bruise. Though I need to ask Lasur how beaten up he wants this to be, so I can start banging it up within Zbrush!

Anyways. Here is the new WIP shot. Most elements are in place now! I just need to add some bolts around, fix the odd shaped boot and make the leather underneath the chainmail more leatherish! I also show how the chainmail looks close up. Turned out okay!

Talked to Markus, and we were discussing the possibility of tweaking this sculpt, and adding some new elements to it, to make a more general modernized guard armor. Thought that is not up to me, and I will let the leads decide. As long as I get the info before I start retopo (about.. tomorrow, i guess), I am happy to do changes and make an alternate version of this. 

F9p1O2.png

8 people like this

Posted

I like the idea of it being on display or in a museum. "This is armor worn by the Hero of Kvatch when they banished the Daedra from our lost city."

"The Hero then proceeded to jump around like a rabbit on crack as she pickpocketed all the survivors.  Then she ate the remains of a fire daedra, muttering something about alchemy.  We don't really talk about that part."

2 people like this

Posted

Well, guys, Matth is my absolute hero here right now!! :D

I will continue with my stuff next week and give you some previews then!

Posted

Maybe I should make my own thread. I seem to be spamming!

The Third Era Kvatch Shield is just about done. Off to retopology! Should have the armor and shield done by Monday I think.

I estimate this took 2 hours to make. The armor took about 9 hours all in all. Yay for speedyness! 

KrUXve.png

17 people like this

Posted (edited)

Working on the diffuses and specular maps.

I went for a faded paint look, eroded and scraped over time, since these little assets have a partially ruined/abandonned vibe to them, and will probably fit sandy winds areas, like deserts or canyons.

gallery_4393_268_25173.jpg

edit: for comparison, here's a previous stage, without the colored paints:

gallery_4393_268_203754.jpg
Edited by Percevan
11 people like this

Posted

The colour variation is yummy Percevan :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Working on the diffuses and specular maps.

I went for a faded paint look, eroded and scraped over time, since these little assets have a partially ruined/abandonned vibe to them, and will probably fit sandy winds areas, like deserts or canyons.

gallery_4393_268_25173.jpg

edit: for comparison, here's a previous stage, without the colored paints:

gallery_4393_268_203754.jpg

Looks excellent, my only gripe is that the line highlighting around the edges is a bit sharp and should be blended into the texture more.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Better!

...though, on a serious note, this is one of the things I want to paint.  There's so much more that could be done with glass weapons.  Would you mind sending me the model/texture?  I'm not sure if I can make anything out of it, but I do want to try.

... you mean like a retexture? its just basic skyrim textures that i use for most of my goodies (except some small fixes here and there spread over the different weapon tiers)... model and textures will be uploaded soon, just follow "Ragna-Rok's Weapons" here on the darkcreations downloads and wait for version 16.0 ... next update when i got more stuff done. so, if we talk about a retexture, sure, give it a try. but i wanna see them when youre done and wanna have first dips of making them additions to my mod ;)

EDIT: actually i think that much more could have been done with any kind of weapon tier, even the lousy iron weapons. its my mission to fix that. wait until i remake the rovhul and beowulf goodies. friggin hrothmunds axe my butt... wasnt that guy supposed to be a hero? what did he do with that toothpick? :shrug:

EDIT 2: ... oh, you mean like the blender file? ... cant extract them and convert the dds back to jpg? ... if you prefer blend-file and jpg, send me a pm so i get reminded of it.

I like the idea of it being on display or in a museum. "This is armor worn by the Hero of Kvatch when they banished the Daedra from our lost city."

"The Hero then proceeded to jump around like a rabbit on crack as she pickpocketed all the survivors.  Then she ate the remains of a fire daedra, muttering something about alchemy.  We don't really talk about that part."

:blink: This... is... BY FAR ... the most awesome post ive read in the last week :beerchug:

Edited by Ragna_Rok