Show us what you're working on!

1962 posts in this topic

Posted

That's for sure the kind of insect you don't want in your room! :D

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

A Thrasian Moth for your consideration. Micro-detailing? No these things grow quite large as you can imagine....

1 s.jpg

Looks cool! But I think you need to spread out the details a little, there's no defined focus point which is making it somewhat hard to look at. I would suggest giving the wings and the head plainer textures.

The wings could probably do well if the patterns were shaped in accordance with the shape of the wings, kinda like this

360px-Marbled_emperor_moth_heniocha_dyop

That would really help carve out the silhouette too

Edit: Awesome work, Viltuska!

Edited by Markus Liberty
2 people like this

Posted

which is making it somewhat hard to look at.

Very much what we're trying for in Thras though. We want the player to be uncomfortable and for even simple things like a moth to be somehow quite "wrong" and overload the senses. We want people going around Thras muttering "Everything looks wrong, it's all wrong" until they go mad :)

Make any sense?

1 person likes this

Posted

which is making it somewhat hard to look at.

Very much what we're trying for in Thras though. We want the player to be uncomfortable and for even simple things like a moth to be somehow quite "wrong" and overload the senses. We want people going around Thras muttering "Everything looks wrong, it's all wrong" until they go mad :)

Make any sense? Ot

I agree with that in a lot of ways (i am an avid fan of things like silent hill, so i enjoy the odder design aspects of your creations) but the clutter of the design is more distracting than anything to me - no offence, the overall design is great and more than creepy, but i think i'd find it a little too immersion breaking to see such a giant shift in art-style, y'know? Otherwise, the design is fantastic, and for a first draft there's a lot to like. Just needs a little cleanup and focus.

1 person likes this

Posted

@viltuska Man that is amazing! you always put out so really astonishing work. Being totally honest here, you make creatures that could rival even the ones Bethesda makes. Keep it up! I can't wait to see what else you do. :)

Thanks, can't take credit for the armor though, that's just Bethesda's Snow Elf armor on the undead elf.

Posted

Thanks for the feedback Novac!

Obviously I don't agree, certainly not out of place on Thras. There in game, skinned with working spawners so it's unlikely I'll go back and re-bake everything but I'll certainly keep your points in mind for whats to come :)

4 people like this

Posted

Thanks for the feedback Novac!

Obviously I don't agree, certainly not out of place on Thras. There in game, skinned with working spawners so it's unlikely I'll go back and re-bake everything but I'll certainly keep your points in mind for whats to come :)

It helps to know that the wings are transparent! They look a little odd in an environment like Skyrim right now, though it might simply be the fact that it isn't currently in Thras.

I look forward to more of Thras' environment being completed so that i can see your creatures in their natural habitats. ;)

3 people like this

Posted

When making trees, you should make a single pipe, add smaller pipes in various sized then repeat and only then add the details

Posted (edited)

There's a book called The Artistic Anatomy of Trees that may help, @redrakiton125. It's aimed at painters but it gets into shapes and other useful things. You could probably start with Chapter 2.

And it's freeeeeeeeee. I have a copy myself.

Thank you I will look into that.

I also found a tut on this subject for blender, so I might have better luck in the future

When making trees, you should make a single pipe, add smaller pipes in various sized then repeat and only then add the details

Thanks, but i will not use pipes, i have a different method planned to make this tree.

I just didn't had enough time to experiment with it.

There's a book called The Artistic Anatomy of Trees that may help, @redrakiton125. It's aimed at painters but it gets into shapes and other useful things. You could probably start with Chapter 2.

And it's freeeeeeeeee. I have a copy myself.

Also if anyone else is looking for the book here is a link https://ia800204.us.archive.org/15/items/artisticanatomyo1915cole/artisticanatomyo1915cole.pdf

Edited by redrakiton125

Posted (edited)

The transparent wings made them look really nice, Kettlewtich!

Edited by Markus Liberty
3 people like this

Posted

I made some new doors for Jehanna based on the already existing ones.

large.door_01_20161117_16-30-52.jpg.2b24

It might sound ridiculous, but you have no idea how long i've been waiting for those doors.

Didn't Jehanna development on the forum just abruptly stop at these doors? These pinnacles of security, blocking even development progress...

Oh, also they look neat. 10 outta 10 would open again. 

2 people like this