Show us what you're working on!

1984 posts in this topic

Posted

The detail on the cutlery is unbelievable :)

I've been working on a clutter kit for Morrowind, using the original TES3 models as a frame of reference. The idea is to make use of new meshes and textures, bringing the kit up-to-date whilst keeping true to racial styles. This should give any old players making their way through the mod some sense of familiarity, as well as bring something new to the table. I've just finished the first large chest -- first piece of clutter I've ever made!

Vanilla model:

5Xl7pI8.jpg

New model (with brighter NifSkope lighting):

nhAsePa.jpg

13 people like this

Posted

The new one looks great Noctis, especially as it's your first clutter piece :)

Some work on a Dwemer Staff, the cogs and the limbs will animate when casting, get some nice effects going around them, tart up the bronze, polish the gem material, should be pretty sweet in game hopefuly.

bsmall.jpg

asmall.jpg

csmall.jpg

20 people like this

Posted

The Imp is now available for Beyond Skyrim projects:
https://www.darkcreations.org/files/file/1190-imp-beta/
It's far, far from perfect and the animations leave a lot to wish for. But it's semi-decent nonetheless and a valid placeholder until Jesus comes down from the sky and makes a tutorial on how to create new behaviors for Skyrim actors so that I can give it new animations.
imp_ingame3.jpg

Also thanks to @cladivan for making the fireball attack work on the imp.

25 people like this

Posted (edited)

The Imp is now available for Beyond Skyrim projects:
https://www.darkcreations.org/files/file/1190-imp-beta/
It's far, far from perfect and the animations leave a lot to wish for. But it's semi-decent nonetheless and a valid placeholder until Jesus comes down from the sky and makes a tutorial on how to create new behaviors for Skyrim actors so that I can give it new animations.
imp_ingame3.jpg

Also thanks to @cladivan for making the fireball attack work on the imp.

Cyrodiil's resident (new) animator, Mayya, has been working on custom animations for the Ayleid Undead as of late. If you'd like, I can shoot her a message asking whether or not she'd be interested in working on the imp next? :)

If not, and you want to discuss animating the imp yourself, talk to Joel. He's currently the resident animation/behaviour guru, since he's in frequent and close contact with some of the guys from Skywind that are at the forefront of research in that area.

Looks awesome, by the way! And slightly horrifying, which I guess is the intended effect.

Edited by Lasur Arkinshade
2 people like this

Posted

Cyrodiil's resident (new) animator, Mayya, has been working on custom animations for the Ayleid Undead as of late. If you'd like, I can shoot her a message asking whether or not she'd be interested in working on the imp next? :)

If not, and you want to discuss animating the imp yourself, talk to Joel. He's currently the resident animation/behaviour guru, since he's in frequent and close contact with some of the guys from Skywind that are at the forefront of research in that area.

Looks awesome, by the way! And slightly horrifying, which I guess is the intended effect.

That's awesome.  What would be the best channel to reach these guys? I've noted that people aren't frequenting DC that often so if there's another platform people here use for communication and contact that would be helpful.

1 person likes this

Posted

That's awesome.  What would be the best channel to reach these guys? I've noted that people aren't frequenting DC that often so if there's another platform people here use for communication and contact that would be helpful.

Cyrodiil has recently migrated away from Skype and to Slack. We can get you set up on there - it's a project management/team communication software that can be accessed either via a program on your computer/app on your phone (like Skype) or via simply opening a page in your web browser, no install needed.

Just shoot your email to 1shoedpunk or Bellatrix (or me, or any senior member of Cyrodiil, for that matter) and we'll be able to send you an invite. Mayya frequents Slack, since she's working on Cyrodiil, as do Joel and the others.

Kettlewitch's suggestion to sign up on the BS Discord and speak to Aerisarn there is also a good one, since he's one of the foremost behaviour/Havok people at the moment - basically the Skyrim modding equivalent of a theoretical physicist.

3 people like this

Posted

Hey I periodically read this, it's not difficult to contact me.

I sent you an havok project for the Imp on which animations can be replaced without a hitch on the original project. This is a starting base for the creature integration.

If you or any animator needs to have a visual feedback of the blending behavior to replace/tune animations, that can be arranged but I need to speak and train him/her in person, the best tool would be Discord

9 people like this

Posted

Alexander and I whipped up a nice little kitty for Beyond Skyrim. Finally sent it in. Alexander made the textures, and I edited the mesh [just a heavily edited vale sabrecat mesh really]. Also comes with a mountain lion pelt, loading screen, teeth ingredient, and a pelt rug for those colovian nobles who fancy dead animal skins covering their floors:

Mountain_LIon.jpg

This will also be the black panther for the lower niben, once alexander finishes his nice retex.

20 people like this

Posted (edited)

I've been trying to get this creature in workable shape before the Aerisarn's animation class begins. I'll rig it to the elk skeleton initially, but we'd like for it to have fighting animations and actually be a very dangerous poison-themed creature. It will be found mainly in the Tigonus/Totambu/Hew's Bane regions.

I give you the Duptra-Uhi as shown by the glorious NifSkope renderer:

OTdHd8o.jpg

and Waffle's original concept:

upload_4_17_2016_at_6_11_05_PM.png

Edited by Escha
9 people like this

Posted (edited)

Some early work on crystal formations using a glass/transparency workflow. My renderer struggles with backfaces sometimes so hard to take good pics of things with transparencies but hopeful they will end up pretty nice in game with some more smoke and mirror work ;)

Crystals.jpg

That's pretty sick, always amazed by your color combinations and unusual graphic effects; Did you planning to use the double parallax map/layer technique? I'm sure it would benefit a lot :wub:

3belU7E.jpg
Edited by Darkgondul
1 person likes this