Show us what you're working on!

1915 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

With my scarce free time. Polycount the 'same' of a vanilla steel waraxe. Still WIP.

image.pngax2.pngax4.png
Edited by Tosky
15 people like this

Posted (edited)

Woah-w- who the hell's this guy and why haven't i ever heard of him?!
That axe looks great, is this for any particular province or something?

Any province team can use it as they fit. For me is just a 'generic', so.
I making it for fun and practice after months of CG
deprivance (Real Life sh*t in various shapes) , with bits of freetimes spent playing videogames, for these reasons I post here very rarely. Now I have more freetime than usual.
I'll try to convert it to .NIF in the near future, meanwhile I polish my control on CG apps (I use Blender and substance painter).

Edited by Tosky

Posted

Love the axe, you might be interested in making weapons for a province if you want. There's certainly a few choices that could use them. Kettle, love the amber set, would love you if you completed it all or at least the armor set and a sword or something- and I would personally hope it could make it into Cyrodiil somewhere as an easter egg. 

One thing I would say is that it's a bit too transparent even for amber currently. Would turn that down a bit myself.

1 person likes this

Posted

I've always fiddled around with minor projects like building a farm or a manor since TES III, but with the free time I've had with this break I've tried my hand at improving Alabaster from Elsweyr: Anequina. Everything has been great and I feel like I know how to do more than I thought I would....that is until today when I loaded up my .esp and was welcomed with all of the original architecture/landscape objects layered directly on top of my work. :wacko: The good news is I'm nearly positive this is a common mistake and that I screwed up something simple a long the way. My modifications only used the oblivion.esm and ElsweyrAnequina.esp.

cd50536f69.jpg

Anyone care to help?

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

More studying'n'testing so still WIP. Specifically about wood and leather grip.
Any kind of feedback and suggestion are appreciated. 

ax6.pngax7.pngax8.pngax9.pngax10.pngax11.png

Edited by Tosky
4 people like this

Posted

@Tosky    I feel as if the wood is fine as is. It looks pretty natural to my eyes, however the leather wrapping around the hilt needs something. It feels a little too shiny. It needs some roughness added to it, and to be slightly darker. Mainly to be darker, I feel it would help the contrast of the handle a lot. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@Tosky    I feel as if the wood is fine as is. It looks pretty natural to my eyes, however the leather wrapping around the hilt needs something. It feels a little too shiny. It needs some roughness added to it, and to be slightly darker. Mainly to be darker, I feel it would help the contrast of the handle a lot. 

@DarkOdin for 'roughness' you mean scratches and tears?
The leather is now darker. While the wood is a bit roughed up.
-EDIT: added 2nd photo showing a wood alternative.

ax12.pngax13.png

Edited by Tosky
added a 2nd photo
2 people like this

Posted

I like the first photo, and the leather now seems to fit much more. Also, for the roughness yeah like some extra scratches to resemble wear and tear on the axe itself. I really like what you've done. Keep up the great work. It's much better than anything I could make. :) 

Posted (edited)

More of the same.
I'v added more roughness on leather and wood. The lowpoly verts now are up to 501 (previously was around 350) so more roundness on blades and no more skewed normal map in certain areas like before. The polycount still inferior to vanilla steel waraxe and without sacrifice detail or shape. The UV map is remade for more pixel density. It can be improved but I guess is good enough.
I appreciate feedbacks.

(I wanna convert model and textures to skyrim format to see/adjust the final result. Please somebody link me the latest guides/tools/workflow, because I'm not sure if my bookmarks are up to date. Disclaim: best case scenario for me is exporting from Blender without installing 3dsmax or else. NVM, i did the mesh export in nif format. My problem now is the dds process: I export textures using gimp dds plugin but my mesh disappear if I apply dds textures under 'BSShaderTextureSet' with nifskope 2.0)

ax18.pngax17.pngax16.pngax14.pngax15.png

Edited by Tosky
6 people like this

Posted

iyD1nHq.jpg?1

Hey look, I'm back. What a novelty. Anyway, I'm finally trying to work through My boiled netch leather design. I scraped a lot of the old stuff because I wanted to make the different layers make more sense. Note my little diagram that explains the rough order of the layers. I went from a thick canvas jacket & pants base to a hazmat fishing-waders by way of leather motorcycle gear look. I figure that its suitably out there for Morrowind that way.

Should make more sense like this, and really kick ash. See the thread here.

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

Building out more pieces to use with the Yoku building set. These are some hemispherical decorative doodads for the exteriors of upper class buildings and temples:

unknown.png

0i8AMIv.jpg

I'll create a couple more and then create a smaller number of ruined versions. If anyone has good ideas for additional trim designs, I need em ;)

Edited by Escha
7 people like this

Posted

There gorgeous Escha!

You could do worse then to look at Berber tattoo designs for ideas about other trim designs

http://imgarcade.com/1/berber-tattoo-designs/

and Berber textile designs would work too imo

http://www.oldorientalcarpet.com/photo_2.html

if you just separated out the individual patterns and used them as trim designs.

1 person likes this