Sign in to follow this  
Alois

Student Thread: Molarkys

Go ahead and start in creation kit by making a small island.

So here was the best video I came across when I was trying to learn Creation Kit for the first time. It is very detailed on what you need to press and where things are located. https://www.youtube....h?v=0g87PaahBEw

Some things to note when creating a new World Space:

1. Click on World, World Spaces as stated in the video.
  2. It will bring up a large window with a list of world spaces
  3. Right Click and press new, type in the name you want to call it in the editor
  4. IMPORTANT, also type in a name in the name field. You have to name it twice! The name in the editor will refer to the name it is called in creation kit when you want to load it. The name in the name field will refer to what it is called in game when it is loading or when you are traveling to it.
  5. Make sure you select NONE for your parent worldspace. This is important as well. While you can use a parent world space and some videos suggest it, it is best not to use one. The reason being is in game it can cause odd floating objects to appear from skyrim into your world and your wold into skyrim. I have never completely figured this out, so I just always select NONE as the parent world space to avoid issues.
  6. In the upper right hand corner is default land height and default water height. Be careful with these, you could create a lot of work for yourself if you make the difference between the two a lot. A different in 1000 is actually plenty and there is no reason it needs to be much more. Also pay attention if you are typing in a negative number or a positive number. Another thing to take note is if you want the water level to be higher than the land initially or the land to be higher than the water. So, in other words, you have to decide would you rather raise the land to go above the ocean water or would you rather lower land to get to the ocean water. A lot of videos will start with the ocean water higher than the actual land but its a personal choice. Also note, there are also squares of water (water tables) in creation kit that you can place at any height and make as deep or as shallow as you want. So if you are concerned about the ocean water, don't let it concern you much.

This should help you get started for the most part... I will actually leave the next part of this off until you get the basics down. The next part will be creating a load door that you can walk up to, open, and be able to go into to load your world. I think its best to learn the basics in this tutorial and steps before you try attempting that.

At point, I would press the save button, and then save it to your skryim data folder. If it does not default you there and you need help finding it let me know. Type the name in, and save it. It will save the file you named and add a .esp at the end of it.

Launch the Skyrim Launch/Load menu and press data files. It should bring up a menu with all the data files in it similar to what was shown at the beginning of the first video. Scroll down to the bottom and look for your esp file. Make sure your esp file is checkmarked and press okay. This will ensure it will load in game.

Once you have created your world space to load it in the game you just need to press the (`) or the one that has the ~ or ` signs on it and it will create a black box at the bottom of your screen in game. To get to your world space you just need to type "cow yourworldspacenamehere 0,0" It will load your worldspace and place you in cell 0,0.

Oh, also if you can't get things to work right on your first try. Do not worry as even when following the tutorials, I still didn't get things right at first and it can get frustrating, but I can help and just keep trying.

Woohoo! Looking forward to getting started. Thanks for the link to that tutorial.

I'm going to be busy for the next day or two so I probably won't be able to do much more than read/watch tutorials. But hey, that will just give me some time to brainstorm ideas for the island haha

• reaction_title_1 1

So I've been sick for the last couple days and haven't been able to really function. I know that it's probably a stupid question but here it is haha.

The part in the getting started tutorial where it says load skyrim normally.... i can't load through the skyrim launcher so do I need to do it through skse and if so should I disable all my nexus mods? 

Ah, okay.

Well, the esp file you have in creation kit. You just need to make sure that esp file in located in your nexus mod manager list. Does that make sense. So basically, you need to place this esp file where you store all your other mods when you load your other mods in game.

Well I have my steam mods and my nexus mods haha. to load my new steam mods I load the skyrim launcher and it install the steam mods... then I load skse and everything is there. Or do i need to drag the creation kit esp to mod organizer?