Alois

Student Thread: Chrras

That black shows up because you're limited to only 6 land textures per quarter cell. You can fix this by opening the landscape editing menu with h, then moving the camera to over the cell and pressing 'i'. This brings up a list of the textures in the cell. The offending quarter cell will have 7 textures listed. You'll have to delete one by selecting it and pressing delete, or 'r' to replace it with another texture. Just deleting the texture will replace it with the texture at the top of the list. 

That black shows up because you're limited to only 6 land textures per quarter cell. You can fix this by opening the landscape editing menu with h, then moving the camera to over the cell and pressing 'i'. This brings up a list of the textures in the cell. The offending quarter cell will have 7 textures listed. You'll have to delete one by selecting it and pressing delete, or 'r' to replace it with another texture. Just deleting the texture will replace it with the texture at the top of the list. 

Thanks ;)

It is looking good,

I did notice you had a few jagged edges on the terrain here and there. Since they are not too major, I would just take a size 1 paintbrush, and checkmark smooth. Then lightly click on the pointed edges to make them disappear.

Will do - I think most of them are removed now ;)

I think I will do the detail textures later, and for now paint grass most of the island, then add some rocks, trees and such.

Thanks ;)

It is looking good,

I did notice you had a few jagged edges on the terrain here and there. Since they are not too major, I would just take a size 1 paintbrush, and checkmark smooth. Then lightly click on the pointed edges to make them disappear.

I think I will do the detail textures later, and for now paint grass most of the island, then add some rocks, trees and such.

Usually with landscaping it is best to do the biggest details such as cliffs and trees first, then move on down in size such as rocks, dead trees, and finally work on your grass textures.

I would also like to point out this tutorial by wellpapp on Object Palletes:

Edited by Spectral Dragon
  • reaction_title_1 1

Thanks ;)

It is looking good,

Usually with landscaping it is best to do the biggest details such as cliffs and trees first, then move on down in size such as rocks, dead trees, and finally work on your grass textures.

I would also like to point out this tutorial by wellpapp on Object Palletes:

Thanks - that was also what I had in mind, but it is also good to hear other opinions. And thanks for the link ;)

I will continue on the island when I have some more time, but currently my education is taking up a lot of spare time.

• reaction_title_1 1