Sign in to follow this  
Eero Finn

Need help with mod

I'm sorry if this post is not within the guidlines, and I don;t mind if it is removed, but I need some help with modding. I am using the Creation Kit to make the tutorial mod from their website, Bendu Olo's only hope. I have completed all of the steps correctly, up until the point where I write the first script for the Thief. When I try to, it will either tell me that the Extend Sxript does not exist, even though it does, because it is ObjectRefrence, or that this Script already exists. By creating ObjectRefrence extending to form, I did cause it to exist. When I look at hidden scriptss, it will show up, however it does not work. Somehow, I was able to create the script "GSQThiefScript" and it ended up in a seperate folder. When I search for it in the kit, it does not show up. What should I do?

Any help would be appreciated.

This is an implementation question, not level design. Check out Implementation Questions in the Implementation Subforum of the AU.

However, it should be ObjectReference, NOT ObjectRefrence though that may just be a typo on your part here. Try giving it a different name as well.

What you're saying isn't making a lot of sense to me, however. Would you mind reposting this in Implementation Questions, including your full script AND compilation errors (preferably pasted into something like Pastebin and linked) so I could help you better? It's MUUCH easier to just understand that then try to guess at it.

I'm sorry Matthiasswagg, but it's not working. I'm afraid I might need more detailed instructions, if you have time. I feel like you should start by uninstalling and reinstalling. Do you want me to repost this in Implementation still, or should we just continue here?