Farewell to Eldarie

18 posts in this topic

Posted

I would like the team to join together and say a fond farewell to Eldarie, who informed us last week that she was stepping down as leader of High Rock, due to other commitments. In her own words, "It was a very nice time, but I think it is now time to leave."

I first met Eldarie before Beyond Skyrim even started, back in 2011, when I was trying to gather together groups who were interested in creating worldspace mods for Skyrim. Eldarie and her team had already been working on High Rock for some months, as had I and the other remaining members of an earlier project for TES4. It was Eldarie's decision to move her group to Dark Creations which kickstarted the process of transforming Beyond Skyrim from a talking shop for disparate teams into the broad and deep collaboration it was to become.

Merging the two High Rock teams, which had been developing in parallel for months, required a lot of give and take from both sides, and was not a quick or easy process. This was further exacerbated by language barriers between some team members. But the end results speak for themselves. Today's High Rock is a thriving and successful project, which has surpassed the achievements of all its predecessors combined. It has the potential to continue to develop to new heights, and we are already making bold plans to help achieve this and build on Eldarie's legacy.

Eldarie's tenure as project leader here will long be remembered,  as she is one of the founders who helped make Beyond Skyrim what it is today.

I hope you will all join me in wishing her and her family well in whatever she goes on to do next.

Kind Regards,

Deeza

24 people like this

Posted

Farewell fearless leader, you will be missed, but forever welcome back.

Posted (edited)

Eldarie!

You are awesome! You have done so much for our team, and under your leadership the team has thrived and a lot of work has been accomplished! Leading a team for 4 years is a very long time and I admire the dedication and patience you have held throughout the entire process, especially when new people joined the team and having to repeat yourself many times on questions that you have answered probably hundreds of time over. I wish you success and luck in your future in whatever you do. I hope you still stay part of the team and help take on side projects every so often and help contribute when you have time. I wouldn't want to completely see you leave us, but I understand that real life comes first as well. 

I feel like I am missing out on a lot of knowledge because I feel like you still know a lot more information than I ever questioned about or even bother to learn. I guess I took that for granted in a sense, but I do appreciate what you have taught me. I wish I would have spent more time asking questions when I had the chance to. Also, do not worry about the waterfalls you wanted me to do in the recent claim you had been working on. I will get them done! 

I will miss you here! Have fun in life too if I do not see you around, but yea please come by and check up every so often. Maybe we should start a High Rock Forum Thread for past member visitors that is updated every month to tell visitors of what has been accomplished since last month?

Good Luck Eldarie!

Edited by Alois
4 people like this

Posted

From trusting my work enough to make me modelling director to putting up with my irrational fear of GIT I can only ever say thank you Eldarie. For helping create a project that now occupies 90% of my waking hours... well you owe me a pint ;)

Won't be the same without you and we won't let you or your vision down Eldarie

Posted (edited)

Eldarie,

Back in september 2013, when I was landscaping behind the Skyrim borders and only active on Nexus, you asked me to join Beyond Skyrim. The team was much smaller back then. I heart about the project, but I thought like many people out there, that it was an unrealistic task to create whole of Tamriel. And look how far we've came together.

Thank you Eldarie, for letting me be a part of this team, and thanks for the patience you had to guide me through the basics, like using GIT, Redmine and other tools I had never heard of.

You were indeed an incredible leader; you were always there, and patient, answering stupid questions from members like me, updating the progress of High Rock so we were all informed about the bigger picture, you dared to make a decision to avoid endless debating and you merged all the uploaded files. You did a lot! Last but not least, you did some nice landscaping. You will be missed.

I wish you the best and good luck with your family. I hope it is not a farewell and you drop by sometimes, only when real life allows you.

Cheers,

Marc

Edited by JoopvanDie

Posted (edited)

… Eldarie!! ; _ ;

I don't know what to say. High Rock won't be the same without you.
You've been an awesome team lead and I wish you all the best and much success and happiness with everything you do in the future!

I think you should keep the title honorary leader. Or maybe we could introduce the permanent title Project-Founder for all the team leads that have been founding members?
It just does not feel right that someone who has been such an integral part of this project should be no longer officially recognizable as such.

Edited by sweetroll
6 people like this

Posted

I agree with Sweetroll as well.

Posted

Eldarie,

Not only did you help to found the project, but you've remained an integral part of the project since day one. You've helped me and many others band together, and form this wonderful team we have today.

I wish you viel glück on your next endeavor! And... thank you for everything you've done here. 

Kind regards,

Perry