Yaranik added a topic in Sound, Music and VA ImplementationExclusive Music, Sound Effects, Ambience: Summary and Status [updated 11th of June]Greeting from the Atmoran music department
The purpose of this thread is to list the guidelines and the approximate status (completion towards minimum quota) of all soundtrack audio works by category.
By making this I'm hoping to put everything down in a single place to make clear what has been done, and what is still needed to complete the soundtrack.
Ultimate goal is to fill the mod score with exclusive content (replacing Creative Commons music).
All info is based on discussions, existing documents and my suggestions. Feedback on anything is welcome!
Total minimum length: 90 - ? minutes
- 10 minutes of material per category in interiors and unique exteriors (5 unique categories)
- 10 minutes day time + 10 minutes night time per category in world exploration (2? unique categories)
Plus situational short tracks.
Day time and night time exploration to follow the same basic tone guidelines, but night time music should be deeper and more even without sudden peaks in sound.
Rules I'm going by for the final tracks:
- Source quality 44.1 kHz / 16 bit
- Quality after xwm conversion 160 kbps or 192 kbps
- Peaks at ~0 dB after (a very subtle) limiter processing
- Subtle stereo image expansion per channel where needed
- No prominent mono sounds centered in the stereo field (some exceptions in Chime sounds + other short effects)
- Generous reverb in most cases (for sinking the music into the background). Less reverb in heavy drums f.ex. in battle situations.
Areas & Tones
Category 1 / Day [100% complete]
- non-melodic, dark, uneasy, often prominent percussion, often peaks/highlights
Category 1 / Night [0% complete]
- non-melodic, uneasy , soft, hazy, steady layers
Category 2 / Day [100% complete]
- melodic, melancholic, often peaks/highlights
Category 2 / Night [30% complete]
- melodic, melancholic, soft, hazy, steady layers
INTERIORS UNIQUE EXTERIORS
Civil area interiors [0% complete]
- Village: melancholic, calm
- Harbor: uneasy
Military area exteriors [0% complete]
- Forts + Barracs: melancholic, driven by light percussion
Tomb interiors [30% complete]
- Boss areas default: dark, fearsome, uneasy, mystic
- Mausoleum: dark, uneasy, fearsome
- Catacombs: dark, closed, uneasy, fearsome
Sacred sites [0% complete]
- Exteriors: open, mystic
- Interiors: closed, mystic, meditative
Caves [50% complete]
- Rock: closed, moving air, contextual noises
- Ice: closed, crystal/glass tones, contextual noises
- 4 replies
- 299 views